Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: unauthorized port access

True you need to configure it properly but you dont' need to go around everywhere reading up on it by any means, just pick a good Personal firewall and use it correctly, . Just use something simple and effective like Sygate personal firewall or Neowatch. www.sygate.com and www.neoworx.com. BTW I'd get Noewatxh before McAfeee screws it up......

Anyway those are simple to use and if you read the help when you need it and dn't just clicking at crap you should be fine.

Hope this helps.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

i am just curious (and am not flaming you in the least....) why are you so paranoid, just curious.
    Learn like you are going to live forever, live like you are going to die tomorrow.

Propoganda

Just like to thank you all again for your replies.

I am paranoid because i have friends that use computers like mine as stepping stones to advance thier skills. I don't want to become the next victim. And I know for everyone of them there are a hundred more.
    -thanks again for the post everyone

some kind of friends

v_Ln