I need some help...

Thread: I need some help...

Exclamation I need some help...

With the half of my time that I'm not posting here, I co-own a webstore - http://www.2otakus.com
    We need a shopping cart very badly, but since we're young and can't get a loan, and I'm not a good enough programmer yet, we're stuck. I have several free shopping cart programs, but I have no clue how to use the cgi source files that they give me. Can somebody please help me out? You have no idea how much I would appreciate it.

SSJVegeta-Sei

Pierce me with steel, rend me with claw and fang; as I die, a legend is born for another generation to follow.
    An\' it harm none, do as ye will. - Wiccan Rede

Look - to whoever said "maybe you should learn to do it yourself" - that's exactly what I'm trying to do. Did you not notice the "can somebody help me with these cgi files"? I'm trying to learn, and rather than criticize, you could lend a hand. If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem. You people must have something better to do than ridicule my posts, oh and to the person who gave me negative and said "here's some help - heeheehee" I've had it and I'm reporting it to JP. Haistakaa Vittu.

SSJVegeta-Sei

Pierce me with steel, rend me with claw and fang; as I die, a legend is born for another generation to follow.
    An\' it harm none, do as ye will. - Wiccan Rede

Thumbs up

wish i could help but i never messed with them before, im sure there are sites out there to help set up the shopping carts you have got free. Try google.com and search for "*product* help set up" and there might be a read me out there to help or even a fourm

_NetSyN_
    [shadow]i have a herd of 1337 sheep[/shadow]
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..

Sorry out of my realm too.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Make sure the company that does your hosting supports cgi (most do depending on hosting package). When you ftp to your server there should be a folder named "cgi_bin". Place your files there. More than likely its written in Pearl Script. So it should have a "_config" file or such in the folder that you edit with a text editor or you may be abble to set it up inside the gui of the program. Check with the maker of the program for that one. Hope this helps some. Thats just the very basic to get you going.
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

Seeing as your CGI program includes a database-function, you will probably need the permissions 555.
    I have seen shopping carts actually made in JavaScript (using cookies), on http://javascript.internet.com

perl is the easiest language for Internet programming ,cheers

first check out that your server is able to run cgi scripts

if so try as said before, also try with the permission 666

im not a perl expert but i can help you if you contact me, i have a very good book!!!!