Thread: hacking through proxies but how???

Question hacking through proxies but how???

I read alot that hackers attack a server by using proxies but how proxies allow them to do this.I also use proxies but all I do with these proxies is hiding my IP.is there any way to use hacking tools through proxies.I don't think so then how hackers use proxies for implementing an attack?

Proxies arn't the only thing 'they' use. There are lots of other 'toolz' and 'needz' a hacker needs. For instance, there is such a thing called a "bouncer" which is mainly for UNIX comps. This is sort of like a proxy (I won't go into detail about this for it looks like you know your stuff a bit), but for IRC. So, you see, there are many things.

And also, what attacks are you talking about? DoS? Defacement? Hacking from one box to another [perosonall] box? Be specific.
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

is there any way to use hacking tools through proxies
    Most hackers don't use "tools". You see alot of these so called "tools" that are supposted to hack for you. Unfortunately most of these don't work. If you are concerned about remaining anonymous then go down to ur cyber cafe or library and do your "work" from there.
    Just my two cents,
    XPaCiScOoL

[glowpurple]\"Your Smallest Flaw is my greatest Strength.\" - Me[/glowpurple]

Banned
    many hackers do use tools what u on about
    heard of etheral if thats how u spell it whois nmap?? they are tools but if u wanna have a look at some good proxy tool get a program called Proxomitron from
    http://thewebfairy.com/prox/
    rather good read up on the docs and play around with the filters learn how to be really annoymus with it ets hehe
    well hope thats some help
    RiOtEr

Smile thanx

I got some ideas,thanx for giving me some time.

Proxies are used so that the "hacker" can remain anonymous. Once a user connects to a proxy, the source traffic all appears to be coming from the proxy servers IP address, therefor it becomes more difficult to trace back the originating IP.

The one thing that many people forget about proxies is that you are not completely anonymous because you are still making a connection from your box to the proxy server, therefore all someone would need to track you down is the proxy log files.

AntiOnline Senior Member
    Right, so the only way to be anonymous is to use the proxy, and then delete the log file somehow.
    [shadow]uraloony, Founder of Loony Services[/shadow]
    Visit us at
    [gloworange]http://www.loonyservices.com/[/gloworange]

Senior since the 3 dot era
    Or like i stated in many, many threads on this before... sigh
    use a proxy that's in some obscure country... like former Sovjet Republics, Irak, Kaaiman ismands, ...