Thread: Hacked?

Hacked?

I believe my box was used by someone else because I want to slashdot.org and it said

Either your network or ip address has been banned from this site

due to script flooding that originated from your network or ip address. If you feel that this is unwarranted, feel free to include your IP address (64.12.96.233) in an email, and we will examine why there is a ban. If you fail to include the IP address, your message will be deleted and ignored. I mean come on, we're good, we're not psychic.

This is the exact message that I recieved. If annyone can help please do so
    of course my ip is not this one
    I have AOL ... i know I know that Aol sucks but it was free.
    My ip always starts with 172.
    My only fear in death is comming back reincarnated.

\"Would I ever sh*t you?\"
    \"Of course not you are my favorite turd.\"--E5C4P3

So AOL numbers have been banned from the site?
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

AntiOnline Jr. Member
    THAT SUCKS
    CAUSE I USE IT TOO

my condolences.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

The first thing I learned from a very smart professor was that AOL is an open wound waiting for infection. I set a firewall for my friend using AOL and WIN ME and I have had to restore his system twice now in the last two weeks. One Virus took out his MBR, and that is a pain in the ass! He's not listening to advice. Remember you get what you pay for!!! This IS NOT A BLAST OR FLAME just some good advice I learned. I myself try to avoid problems.

yeah I was thinking about getting earthlink waddoya think?
    My only fear in death is comming back reincarnated.

\"Would I ever sh*t you?\"
    \"Of course not you are my favorite turd.\"--E5C4P3

Arrow Earthlink...

I tried earthlink after 2 bogus months with AOL...trying to get Online. Earthlink has a great deal right now...if you sign up for six months you get a free DVD player. Sell it and then get cable...just kidding, but the DVD offer is real, but only good till the end of March. I use cable myself, but it is a little costly. However it is wonderful!!! Fast, fast fast!!! However security seems to more of an issue now than before. As far as earthlink...I thought it to be much better than AOL, plus hey you get a free DVD player. Nothing like good ol' marketing! Make sure your firewall is on paranoid...it cna sometimes be a hassle to get around, but I myself value my system more than my browsing. I even authorize every applet and activeX manually, takes a seconds but lets me sleep at night.