Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: not security related but ....

Conf1rm3d_K1ll is correct about the gui but the one thing that is good about apple is that it is more secure than windows i.e windows nt has 64,000 known bugs so which is better? plus how many unkown bugs are there?

Red face well

Both have there better, both have there worse. U can talk junk about either. It really doesn't matter.
    aislinn, Aria, BTBAM, chevelle, codeseven, Cky, dredg, evergreen terrace, from autumn to ashes,hopesfall, hxc, luti-kriss, nirvana, norma jean, shai hulud, this hero dies, tool, underoath, zao,

Originally posted here by KorpDeath

I forgot that MAC users don't have a sense of humor.....j/k

I use to have a sense of humour but I sold it to the devil for a six pack.......

Let's not get into this argument, it's quite passe. I was making a joke, let it rest. Some people are sooooo uptight.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

I was joking too..... Do you really think I'd sell my sense of humour for a six pack??? It was a bottle of vodka!

I was responding to a previous post......Anyway the devil got a deal. I would've held out for a case of booze, but that's just me...
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Originally posted here by KorpDeath

I forgot that MAC users don't have a sense of humor.....j/k
    Yeah? Well with MAC-n-Dos I can read MAC floppies!!!!! so there.
    Any person that uses Mac formatted floppies is doing it to be a jerk, as Macs easily read DOS formatted floppies without any added software...

And besides, who uses floppies, those are so passé...

And too GUI oriented? While I vi /etc/rc to get things running smoothly, you can call my Mac a toy all you want. . ., I just will laugh at you. Too GUI oriented my buttox, you can't do anything fun through the GUI in MacOS X, everything really cool is done through the terminal window, the GUI is there for those that are content to run M$ Word and browse the web using IE. . . Just like Windows GUI is, just like KDE and Gnome were made for.
    Unless you posted to this forum using Lynx, I don't think that one should be poking fun at anyones GUI...

The Dual G4 1ghz makes me drool, but I ain't got the cash... My next box will inevitably be a Dual-Athlon box running FreeBSD or some distro of Linux... And <sigh> maybe even XP... Unless I win the lottery, which I don't play...

Dhej

I still use floppies, both for drivers and bios / mini patches.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

Heh, true, I still use floppies, too, but only when dealing with Windows. And for just those reasons. To apply patches or bring replacement dlls after the luser managed to get infected with the latest virus...
    But floppy drive are a dying spec, I think even someone in the PC world said so.

And, if our campus didn't have a convenient file server, I would be a slave to floppies. But, as we do have one, I haven't put the floppy drive into my laptop for almost a year now. I don't even now if it works in OS X.

[btw, floppies being passé was a joke. as Macs don't have them standard anymore...]

dhej

Banned
    KorpDeath no sense of humur ask ennis its what im known for hehe well
    back to the argument at hand to gui orientated as many have said look at xp but if u pick up a copy of os x u will c that you can run whats this a shell cause it has a unix kernal hehe nuf said bout that and as for security they hold a contest in sweden where ppl are asked to hack it and for about 10 or so years no one was succsesful ill try and find the link but i saw it in a magazine so i dont know if their is one hehe not for a 6 pack mabey a slab hehe but probably only for the vb factory ohh i wana go their hehe but seriously windows does not own mac a large chunk yes but all no hehe why do u think they want part of them cause their crap i dont think so..... think about that
    well im at school so i better be off
    cya
    RiOtEr