Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Network Administator?

Question Network Administator?

As you can tell by the subject bar, I am having a problem with Admin.
    When try to use a plethora of options on my computer at work. I get a message something like this "do not have sufficient access". Is there a way around this?
    I am becoming a post whore, sorry.
    -Thanks for the input,
    Bearbizket
    P.S I just want to change my desktop alittle. Is that to much to ask? And before you ask they wont grant access. Thanks again.

a quick answer is that if your Admins have decided that you shouldn't change the set-up, then don't.
    If you change the config and get caught, chances are you'll be in trouble so don't bother.

J.
    [glowpurple]manually editing your config files can break them. If this happens, you get to keep both pieces. [/glowpurple]

haha thats the thing wid admins.. we are up tight....

trust me ur lucky.. if i was your admin i wouldnt even let you access or empty your recycle bin.. hehe

Appeciate the replies, not exactly what i was looking for though.

I picked up a text file about by passing local restrictions from this site a few weeks ago.

I don't know who originally posted it or in what thread. I don't want to post it again and use up more of JP's disk space so if you can't find it pm me and I'll email it on to you.
    If you don\'t learn the rules nobody can accuse of cheating.

I work for a utility. By default systems are delivered locked. Fortunately for me I work in IT and was able to make a business case for needing local Admin rights and manager signed off it. Have u examined that route?

Cheers,
    -D

I would go for the machine admin angle. Chances are if your admins are any like us here then you won't get it.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Better check the rules with your company. Most companies have reasons for setting the policies the way they are. At my company, we allow the end user to change the desktop and the screen saver, but that is about all they can do. A lot of things are quite obvious if they are changed though. If someone changes the name of My Computer, to Bob's Computer, that is considered an unauthorized change unless they have written permission (which I will not give them). In that case, the minimum is 3 days unpaid suspension, with a possibility of termination. It sounds harsh, but after the second time someone shut off their antivirus, and unleashed a virus on our network, we locked down just about everything. So make sure you check with company policy before you make ANY changes to your computer. Changing your desktop isn't really worth your job, is it?
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

The others have a point. Get permission first.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

i suppose so but try nt security eplorer if all else fails