Thread: doubt about which language

doubt about which language

i am a networking enthusiast..right now i am preparing for my MCSE.i dont intend to stick just to windows..i am also a linux/unix fan..so after a little experience i will be going for the repective certifications.
    which all languages should i be through with in order to be a good administrator for both windows and unix network??
    the aspect of a network that interests me most is its security..what all languages should i be thorough with inoder to be well versed in network security?now if you are going to ask whether to break in or to secure then the answer is 'for both'..

well with winblows... i mean windows, a little vb can't hurt! But what you really need is c, or c+ or c++, or c+ visual... what the *** ever!

learn c, that's the bottom line...

vb is a great "nice to have" (with windoze), but for *nix, you want c...
    \"One thing only I know, and that is that I know nothing\" - Myself (s0crates!)

AO French Antique News Whore
    C or C++ is the key.. I agree with Socrates. VB is easy to understand at first if you need to learn the Basic stuff in programmaint but C is realy the key for Windows/Unix.
    -Simon \"SDK\"

C is the best programming language for complex stuff.

for easier stuff u can use perl python etc... simple portable languages, with great howto's on the net.
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Banned
    id learn c++ and visual studio c++ cause ms is a monoply so hehe good to know how to use that program but yeah learn c and c++ their similar in some aspects hehe but yeah just learn things that look interesting to u like atm i teaching my self php not to well but managing hehe
    have fun
    RiOtEr