Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trojans

Question Trojans

Hey,
    I've heard that Trojans that you get off sites like this usually contain coding that will end up screwing you in the end. Does anyone have any info on this or anything pertaining to trojans.
    Thanx
    -Truetownie

use them at your own risk, thats my advice
    --------------------------
    http://www.arg-irc.com

You might want to think about this. If someone is giving you a tool to break into other people's computers with, why should you trust them? Unless you're a programmer and you can take the trojan apart yourself(which means you wouldn't need it in the first place) you don't know what they've built into it.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

haraam77

Talking yup....

Be careful in the download section...unless you really know what the hell you are doing.

Thumbs down

trojans are a lame way to do anything. trojans will not teach u anything but what can be done with a computer after having remote access to it. most trojans do infact contain backdoors to allow the creator or his friends to have access to your computer or do other things.

the 1-900 trojan was a so called caller ID spoofer to give u access to spoof who u were on a caller ID when calling someone, instead while u were lookin at all the complicated functions of the program it was silently dialing 1-900 #'s that cost u about 3$ per call

so use at ur own stupid risk.

_NetSyN_
    [shadow]i have a herd of 1337 sheep[/shadow]
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..

agreed w/ netsyn on that one...
    --------------------------
    http://www.arg-irc.com

if you really feel the need to play and experiment with trojans, the safest way to do it is to throw together 2 scrap machines. network them together but avoid giving them access to the internet or other lan's. these machines should be seperated from all other machines except for each other. that way, you prevent any worms from spreading, or anyone from accessing the backdoors that nearly every trojan contains. you now have two dislocated machines that you can experiment with, ie: one is the host, the other is the server. you can then see first hand what they do from both sides, and what to look for when you think a system on your network may be infected. viri protection is not full proof. not to mention that new trojans and viri are created every day. but if you are able to recognize some of the tell tale signs and how to look for clues, you are much more prepared to protect your network. feel free to experiment with different operating systems as well. try one out on 98, then compare it on say an xp machine. try and see where the files go and what is altered on these machines when the trojans are unpacked and installed. use freshly installed operating systems. not machines that have been in use for some time. and of course format the drives after each experimentation. you would not want those drives to accidentaly get back into circulation without being wiped clean. this is also one way to see how well your virus protection software operates with different trojans and such. try out mcafee with updated virus signatures, then compare it to norton, etc. never be afraid to experiment.

VanEck has prolly given out the best advice possible when dealing with trojans - a [i[safe[/i] way off finding out about them

hmmmmm nothing really for me to add ahhh well

v_Ln

Like i said before....

trojans are a lame way to do anything. trojans will not teach u anything but what can be done with a computer after having remote access to it. most trojans do infact contain backdoors to allow the creator or his friends to have access to your computer or do other things.

the 1-900 trojan was a so called caller ID spoofer to give u access to spoof who u were on a caller ID when calling someone, instead while u were lookin at all the complicated functions of the program it was silently dialing 1-900 #'s that cost u about 3$ per call

so use at ur own stupid risk.

_NetSyN_

And i got 2 negative points for this both calling me a "ass" for saying what i did.... My reaction is ur both probly trojan kiddies that dont consider my comment any help to this person..

I feel differently... Like i said there are many trojans out there that will do somethings you dont know about and are maonly there for the creator and his friends to have some fun.. or to just screw over a bunch of trojan kiddie newbies by giving them something they want with something they dont want attached to teach them a leason..

So it is ur choice... rember even sub7 contained HDKP (hard drive killer pro) but it didnt use it on u... that we know of... it sent it to someone MobMan did not like... if u wish to read about that go to www.google.com and look up "subseven mobman hdkp" there were many articles written on it... So think.. If such a widely used trojan like sub7 that is still used today can contain that sorta stuff... what could programs that u just find and never heard about before contain....

_NetSyN_
    [shadow]i have a herd of 1337 sheep[/shadow]
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..

Good post VanEck.
    I agree with most everyone else on this post. Use them at your own risk!
    However, if you're really curious on what they can do, follow Vanecks advice. It's an excellent way to become familiar with what trojans removal programs really work, and how effective your antivirus software is. If you're in charge of any type of security at your workplace, you better know a little something about trojans and their symptoms.
    I don't think your an ass Netsyn. You may have been a little harsh telling him to use them at his own stupid risk. I never heard of the 900# one. That made me laugh, I wonder how many people got burned with that.