Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beware Britnet Spears Fans....

Exclamation Beware Britney Spears Fans....

Sophos, a world leader in corporate anti-virus protection, is warning users about a new worm that can spread by clicking on an attachment pretending to be photographs of teen pop princess Britney Spears.

VBS/Britney-A arrives in the victim's inbox with the subject line "RE:Britney Pics", body text "Take a look at these pics..." and attachment "BRITNEY.CHM." When executed, the file displays a message similar to "Enable ActiveX To See Britny Pictures" (sic) before infecting the hard drive and sending itself to all addresses in the Outlook address book. The worm also attempts to distribute itself via Internet Relay Chat.

"Britney has joined the ranks of glamorous, highly attractive people to have viruses written about them," said Graham Cluley, senior technology consultant at Sophos Anti-Virus. "Previous stars to receive this treatment include Anna Kournikova and Jennifer Lopez."

"Britney is a very popular celebrity and many computer users - from teenyboppers to fascinated fathers - would be interested in seeing photos of her," Cluley continued. "Users should remember basic safe computing rules and not be coaxed into opening any unsolicited email attachments."

http://www.xatrix.org/modules.php?op...thread&order=1

thanks my best freind got that email and almost opened it until i told him there was a virus thanks alot!

Britney Spears? They could've at least picked someone with some talent! How about "Enable ActiveX to see Rage Against The Machine destroy Corporate America."

lol Cof1rm, I agree totally.

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man
    <insert flame here>
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

Yeah!! I like this idea. virus senders are getting more creative day by day. I better be careful...
    Can I get out of this prison?
    Can I stay this prison forever?

Hmmm...more nude photos eh?

Been there, done that...

Sheesh,...talk about social engineering to it's extradonire. I feel for these virus writers...these 18 year old cyber-punks with sexual fantasies and Britney Spears wallpaper on their desktop...

Oh, well...sucks to be us if we open one right?
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

hahaha yeah.. though the most impressive one i saw was the one that pretended to be an AV software from a well known AV Software company.. they had the clients fooled.. hehe next thing we know they're gonna attatch theor viruses in the virus definitions AV users get in their Live Updates..

btw, for those who are aspiring and proud virus coders.. i suggest you check this job out..

http://www.seek.com.au/showjob.asp?jobid=1772260

Originally posted here by Conf1rm3d_K1ll
    Britney Spears? They could've at least picked someone with some talent! How about "Enable ActiveX to see Rage Against The Machine destroy Corporate America."
    I'd have to open that...oh yes.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Most people should have learned from melissa, basically this is the EXACT same code....it does the SAME thing!, time to write one that replaces outlook with something secure.....
    http://www25.brinkster.com/cheeseball

-- Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment--