Thread: Need help for Linux - Mandrake version

Unhappy Need help for Linux - Mandrake version

dear friends,
    i want to install Linux - Mandrake version in my box. but need some help for that. i want to the know the installation procedure. and plus more information on this stuff. please do help me.
    thank u.
    if a person wants to learn.... he can learn anything..... just anything....!!!!!!

boot from the Cd and follow the menu's
    if it's a dual boot do the same.

J.
    [glowpurple]manually editing your config files can break them. If this happens, you get to keep both pieces. [/glowpurple]

I found it pretty simple to install after you burn the ISO images to a disc. Just follow the instructions and such... Warning, you should read up on partitions first, unless you have an extra hard drive to install it on. You might not have any free space to put it in that isn't reserved by windows.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

If you don't have a disk or partition to install it to, defrag the main widnows partition, run scandisk, the use a parition editor like fips to make the windows partition smaller. Then just set your ocmputer to boot from cdrom, and just follow the menus. Mandrake istself is quite easy to install.
    Elen alcarin ar gwath halla nĂ¡ engwar.

hey friends thank u very much.
    if a person wants to learn.... he can learn anything..... just anything....!!!!!!