Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have the newbiest question, not that other guy!

Unhappy I have the newbiest question, not that other guy!

My question is so simple, it's stupid, but i don't know what else to do, so i'm gonna post it, and hope i get an answer. How do i get into chat on this site? Java won't load, and mIRC kicks me off the channel, and tells me that it's a restricted channel. This is the first time I've ever used mIRC, so i don't know what to do. How do i fix it, if it's broken? Or is there a problem with the server, or something? (Yes, i'm as green as grass when it comes to the Internet and chat.) OR can i just ask the question here?

just wait for it to load
    other than that i dont know
    My only fear in death is comming back reincarnated.

\"Would I ever sh*t you?\"
    \"Of course not you are my favorite turd.\"--E5C4P3

well, i sat on the Java chatpage for half an hour, and all i had was a gray window. By the way, thanks for the patience with me. I know people that know less than some are annoying to the ones that know a lot.

Well, what browser are you using? If you are trying to access the IRC thru the AO website and java doesn't load, I'm thinking you don't have java installed or enabled on your browser.

Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester

i'm using IE 5.5, and i don't have a problem going into Java at Yahoo.

Hmmmm, I'm not really too sure, sorry. If you really want to chat on IRC, you can try another program instead of mIRC. I use Trillian, you can get it from http://www.download.com or http://www.trillian.cc

You can use MSN, Yahoo, IRC, AOL and ICQ with it - if your IRC doesn't work with it, then the problem maybe with your ISP or something - I'm not sure, but just give it a go if you want IRC.

Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester

i dont remember AO in mirc kicks you coz its a restricted channel...

I downloaded and setup Trillian five minutes ago and had no problem accessing antionline so maybe you should try that.
    If you don\'t learn the rules nobody can accuse of cheating.

ok thanks for the help

Banned
    It could be that someone banned you from AntiOnline IRC.... Im not sure why the Java page wont load, did you update to Java 2.0? If not check out http://java.sun.com and update Other then that, I dont know