Thread: Sections

Sections

We have alot of very good information in the tutorials section of the site but some times it is quite difficult to locate exactly what your looking for so what I was thinking was perhaps putting an option of catogerising your tutorial when you post it - like a wee drop down menu or something beside the submit new post then on the top of the tutorials forum have something like:

Windows | *nux | Programming | Hardware | Anonymity | Misc

kinda the same sort of thing as on the main forum page

so when you load up the forum it would be just like it is now but with the extra set of links then if you click on a link to a certain area it will show only those files who's author submitted them to that catagory - It would mean a couple of peps going through and catogerising the tutorials which have already been written and maybe a Moderator being assigned to ensure tutorials are placed under the correct heading but IMHO it would make the information alot more accesable

v_Ln

So is what your saying similar to having 6 more forums? Cos that's basically what it sounds like. I guess you could just do it like that instead, so that when you click the TUTORIAL forum, it takes you to another page displaying 6 different forums (the ones you mentioned - underlined in your post - above).

It would be a good idea, as everything would be clearer and you could find what you were looking for quicker. Although, as you said, would take a while for a devoted person to sort all exsisting threads.

Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester

Not exactly like 6 new forums more like headers inside the one forum - like when you click the link it searches for just threads under that topic and displays them - splitting up the forum into areas right from the moment you enter I don't agree with as I'm sure I ain't the only person who goes in just to have a general read not looking for anything in particular - but it would be nice for the times when I am looking for something to be able to split it into different sections so I can find it quicker Did that make any sense at all?? prolly not when do I ever

v_Ln

Banned
    negative indexed the whole thing so u dont need somthing like that hehe look at his post ?!

yeah but as more tutorials are added then his post will gradually be outdated where-as if each person catogerised their own post there would be no need for someone (like negative...ty by the way ) to have to make a new index

v_Ln

OK, so is what your saying like having a drop-down menu next to the Title field, or wherever, letting you pick what bests matches your tutorial? And, if it doesn't match anything specifically, there should be an option to classify it as 'General' or something along those lines.

Have I got it right, cos that sounds pretty good valhallen.

Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester

Aye thats it exactly hot_ice - heh soz I can always see exactly what I mean in my head but explaining it to someone else....i suck at

v_Ln