Thread: Virus writers and trojan users....

Cool Virus writers and trojan users....

I can see why someone would want to study virii and trojans and better understand the vulnerabilities of their systems. But, what I don't understand is what kind of thrill a person gets from sending virii out to people they don't even know. In the right hands I guess there could be uses for trojans. Like to monitor a suspected cheating spouse....or to keep track of what your "skript kiddie" has been doing online. I imagine there are many so called legitamate cases where someone would jusify themselves using a trojan...or getting revenge with a virus, but whats up with those people who send them out at random for malicious intent?

Personnaly anything like that I write I never release it - cause it ain't seeing it run that is the thrill for me its the challange of seeing if it can be done...

As for the people who send them out to wreak havock I think they just have some serious ego problems and just want to get their name in the news - really tho the only place their name is going to end up is as a tattoo on their new best friend (and cell mate) bubbas ass

v_Ln

Well, that's exactly the question - why the hell do these people write these virus' and send em out? Why do people comit murder? Why do people steal and vandalise property?

Some people just get a thrill out of it I guess, they think they are good and want to show off. I guess those other questions might have various other reasons behind them, such as poverty (stealing) or mental illness (murder), but sometimes people do it just cos they don't think or...I don't really know, they just are idiots.

It's just impossible to have a perfect world isn't it. Whenever I see ants, I always think, why can't humans be like this? Always working together without any single ant going off attacking the queen or trying to ruin everything. Why can't humans be like this dammit!!! You see the ant documentaries, they are all working so efficiently, it's perfect!!! Well, unfortunately, you have people who just don't care for others and respect nothing, murdering, stealing...or as you say, sending virus'.

Hmmmmmm...have I taken your topic too far?

Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester

Wink true

I guess it would have been more appropriate to ask these questions on a criminal/abnormal psychology forum...lol. There are no limits as to what the human mind is capable. Hmmm.....I think you are right. This question may never be answered. Thanks anyway...lol

Cool question

Valhallen ; What language(s) do you recommend learning to be able to write and totally understand the virii? I too love a challenge...I guess thats why I chose learning about pc security/preventing hacking, etc.