Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need Help With Pwl File

Need Help With Pwl File

hi, i want to decrypt a pwl file to get the password
    which programm(s) do i need or what do i have to do

please help me

Thumbs down

Since this is a security site, it may not be the kind of question you want to ask here.

Especially when your friend Google would probably give you some good clues. Try typing "pwl file" or so in Google.

Cheers,

BrainStop

Originally posted here by BrainStop
    Since this is a security site, it may not be the kind of question you want to ask here.

Especially when your friend Google would probably give you some good clues. Try typing "pwl file" or so in Google.
    Why not, whoever wants to learn should be helped.
    Try www.happyhacker.org, Meinel practically has her whole book online.

Focmaester. . . acording to the title accross the top of this site. . . its ANTI Cracking. Am I right? Hmm. . . . Now why would someone want to crack a pwl file? Only 2 reasons. . .

#1. They were stupid enough to forget it

#2. They are trying to break someone elses password.

Now I doubt he forgot his password, so that leaves us with one option. And here at AO. . . we dont HELP hackers. . . we STOP them! ! !

Side Note: It was brought up to me in the IRC channel by chsh that some Admins. . . well most admins test their users passwords to make sure they are secure. I agree. . . but these Admins dont post on message boards asking how to do it! Now do they?
    "Never give in-never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy!" - Winston Churchill

agreed, most people are prolly looking for a way around other peoples paswords.. and i think if someone was really looking because of admin problems....they would explain the situation a little bit better...
    --------------------------
    http://www.arg-irc.com

Wel perhaps then (if you are referring to THIS site) I should point him out to the archive section that is loaded with trojans/crackers and other kiddy suited tools.

You have a very good point Focmaester. . . I shall take this up with JP. See what I can do. We really dont need all these kiddie tools on a Security Site. Especially the Virus Section. Point taken.
    "Never give in-never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy!" - Winston Churchill

I'm sure he's looking to hurt

kiddies

RogueSpy,

You act like you run the place. Do you remember the whole idea behind AO like six years ago. Do you realize that most of the stuff in the download section has been made technically useless since code was removed. We must first understand what is attacking us before we can defend against it.

Honestly, who cares if the guy wants to crack a PWL file. That means he is running Windows 98 or 95. He could just hit Escape to bypass the screen. Give me Negative Antipoints if you must, but this is JP's site, not yours. You have no partnership with him.

Please get off your high horse, pull the stick from your ass and walk like the rest of us do.

Louie

You have a very good point Focmaester. . . I shall take this up with JP. See what I can do. We really dont need all these kiddie tools on a Security Site
    but is experience sometimes not the best teacher?
    Like VanEck talked about (kinda) in this post sometimes by using the tools ourselves we can find out more about th attacks and how to stop them - kinda like stepping into the mind of a s|<ript |<iddie for a while (icky thought I know ) - you never now some |<iddie browsing the downloads section might stumble into the forums - read a lil - learn alot - and alter his ways to good or maybe I should just wake up and face reality

v_Ln

edit ->oh and MM_IUH BrainStop is right this is an ANTI-hack0r site -_-
    questions about things like cracking etc which you are looking to do which blatantly have no legit purpose will only get you flamed - if you want to know the answers to those sort of questions try the forums on here