Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need Help With Pwl File

AntiOnline Senior Member

Originally posted here by Louie

We must first understand what is attacking us before we can defend against it.

I agree there, thats a must.

Honestly, who cares if the guy wants to crack a PWL file. That means he is running Windows 98 or 95. He could just hit Escape to bypass the screen.

That still does not make it right to let us teach someone how to crack something. What is security all about? Protection. And if we teach a person that we are pretty sure will use the info we give to cause harm, then we are at fault.

Give me Negative Antipoints if you must, but this is JP's site, not yours. You have no partnership with him.

I don't think negative antipoints should be given for speaking one's veiws, and I will not be giving you any negative AP's.

Please get off your high horse, pull the stick from your ass and walk like the rest of us do.

No comment.

Louie [/B]
    [shadow]uraloony, Founder of Loony Services[/shadow]
    Visit us at
    [gloworange]http://www.loonyservices.com/[/gloworange]

I may be setting myself up to be yelled at here....sorry Roguespy.

I myself have been trying to learn how to hack....not because I want to damage anyones system, but because I believe in the statement that "you have to know how to attack a system if you're going to be able to defend a system".
    It makes sense, afterall..."Hackers know the weaknesses in your system. Shouldn't you?"

It is possible to learn how to hack without ever harming anyone, or breaking any laws...there are systems volunteered for that purpose...therefore, a question about hacking could be a perfectly legitimate one, not one with intentions of doing any harm to anyone.

I don't like script kiddies anymore than the next person...because they don't take the time to actually learn how to hack....they simply apply someone elses codes and methods without ever taking the time to understand them.

Good luck in your search for information MM_IUH, I hope it's for a legitimate reason.
    Faqt

If you want to make God laugh....make plans.

Here is a way to LEARN all about PWL files. http://hackingtruths.box.sk/pwl.htm

Thanks,
    DISLEX

Originally posted here by uraloony
    We can go around and around about that Uraloony. All I am saying is Windows 95/98 does not really have a good password scheme for itself. That guy cracking the PWL is just as bad as me using LC3 on my users to see if they have good passwords and so I can get in their systems and fix them while they are on lunch.
    You\'re either a 0 or a 1, alive or dead

I am torn on this issue....

On the one hand I don't like the idea of just giving hacker tools out to anyone who asks....thats how we get script kiddes (those who are too inexerpirenced to understand what they are doing)...

On the other the only way we are going to get good overall security is through Evolutionary methods...Surivial of the fitest...for too long certain companies and Operating Systems have been allowed to have inferior security standards (cough...MICROSUCK)....while others have been negelected by evil doers, and consquently also need better security (cough MAC)....

So I say let the kids have more tools, it will force the big boys to work harder, smarter, or face extinction!!
    - Jimmy Mac

Replicants are like any technology, if there not a hazard, its not my problem....

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    I agree with jcmcb, we can't have script kids runnin around with some of these scripts. My idea.. Why don't the script writers put a statement in the script that when someone runs it says
    "If you learn this language then you can modify this script to use it."

Once I finish learing C++ (start for that matter) thats what I intend to do.

if u want to catch a witch, you better be one,
    i mean if you want ot catch a hacker you better know the ins and outs,
    let's help one another, as most of us regard AO as our home.
    kacdom
    ever

let's not be deceived by the media about the word hacker.
    it depends on how u define it. as most the articles says that the hackers
    invented the internet,(computer experts)
    kacdom
    ever

errrmm what if the person askin the question or who started this thread just wants to see if it works and he'll only use his own pwl file.. like i did.. i cracked my own pwl file, juz for the sake of learning and to make sure if it really works coz i know what the passwords are and if it doesnt show me the right one then it doesnt really work...

would that be considered a bad thing?

oh btw, i compiled the code on the link DISLEX posted and it worked. If you want a ready made .exe of it.. just pm me and ill send it via ZIP.. though if anyone would be against it, then just say so.. and this code only works for win95/98. ill notify you when i come up with something for WinME and WinXP. WinNT and Win2k uses SAM so i really dont have anything to do with it coz SAM Dump is already ready for d/l in l0pth crack, and i dont have the source code for that crack, atleast for this pwl crack i have the source code so i can basically modify it.