Excluding Usenet option

Thread: Excluding Usenet option

Excluding Usenet option

It would be nice to be able to set in your site options that you are not interested in the usenet posts, so that when you search for new post it doesn't turn up instances where someone cross-posted to several different newsgroups.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

I concur. I'd also like to see the 'last reply by' as a link to the last post. I believe someone else wanted this too but it must've been missed.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

I agree, it is especially annoying when you search for a general phrase e.g. 'FAQ' and you want to be AO specific. Also, including usenet means that you get hundreds if not thousands more results, making it very difficult to find what you want.

Perhaps a better option would be to choose whether to search usenet, AO, or both?
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

It would also be useful to be able to search specific forums (selecting only the ones you are interested in via checkboxes), or even specific threads (although this may be taking it a bit far!).
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    As far as I am concerned, you can remove usenet completely. There are plenty of other ways to view usenet groups. Keep this site to just the AO forums.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman