Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: today is desperation

oblio

today is desperation

Hi I am in need of help. One of my clients uses Netscape 4.7 exclusively on their intranet. I have to populate a select box based on oracle db records, I do just this fine in JSP and when I view source in the web browser, all the data is there. I know this because there are a bunch of

" document.input.Product.options[document.input.Product.options.length] = new Option('10 Year Term','8');

document.input.Product.options[document.input.Product.options.length] = new Option('20 Year Term','21'); "

in my javascript function. The select box gets loaded fine in MSIE 5, Netscape 6 but in Netscape 4.7, it does not load at first. All the data is there as I have said, just not loading into the select box. The weirdest part though, is if you click the back button and then the forward button, the data is loaded perfectly into the select box. I am not usually programming for the web so I am not aware of any JS differences for such actions.

All I can tell you to do is to have your client upgade his Natscape virsion to 6.0 and it will fix his problems. I have seen in the past that older versions of the software have problems displaying JAVA. You could also have him upgade to i.e (internet explorer), but I don't think I am telling you anything you don't already know.
    LATER-

Hi mom!
    By selectbox, you mean the html-dropdown box (as shown on the bottom of these pages in the 'forum jump' box)? And is the box completely empty, or does it not have anything selected by default (which also shows an empty box...) ?
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

oblio
    yes dropdown box. It is empty to begin with. And no I cannot tell my client to change browsers considering this client is an multinational corporation with the majority of their software written for this browser.

Hi mom!
    I know this isn't very nice code, but did you consider reloading the page directly after it first loaded?
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

oblio
    yes it does not work on the reload, only while it is still in memory ie) pressing the back button

Hi mom!
    weird... does it act the same if instead of reading your options from the database, you provide them, manually?

oblio
    ok i see the problem when i set the size of my select to greater than 1, all the items are there however, the select does not grow. I don't know how the hell to fix this.

oblio
    actually cancel that, it only fills them if i set the size to greater than 1

Hi mom!
    size? size of the box (visual) or the number of items/options?