Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommend a Mail Server?

Recommend a Mail Server?

I need to get another mail server where i work.

I need one that has an html interface and client connect. Security is a large issue as well as cost which is why exchange is out. it will be used in conjunction w/isa2k and norton av for gateways.

I'm currently leaning towards sendmail for nt bundeled with the html interface.

any input appreciated.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

oblio
    qmail of course

Yeah qmail is a good one.
    OpenBSD - The proactively secure operating system.

thanks oblio!
    that looks like a good package and mandrake rpms are there to make it easy for me, but i didn't find anything listed about a html interface. does it come with one. that would really make my day.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

i don't think anyone's developed an html interface for qmail yet. something to email the author about, perhaps?
    \"If you wish to speak to technical support, please hang up now.\"

*click*

Get SquirrelMail is not a rpm but it should be no problem to install..

then get that running on modssl (apache) and u have a safe html (php) webmail

http://www.squirrelmail.org/
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

oblio
    there are web based front ends and many web email systems available through freshmeat

that looks like a good package and mandrake rpms are there to make it easy for me, but i didn't find anything listed about a html interface. does it come with one. that would really make my day.
    Check out www.flashmail.com. I'm pretty sure that they use qmail. You might be able to ask someome there about the html interface.

Tedob1: Found something that might help you here.

Postfix is also good, qmail good too, Squirrel mail very good HTML interface... neat stuff I tell 'ya!