Kind of amusing
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kind of amusing

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar

Kind of amusing

I am sure this has been seen before, but I was just kind of amused....

This is the listing of Hacking > Hackers in the Yahoo! Directory at:
    http://dir.yahoo.com/Computers_and_I...cking/Hackers/

Site Listings
    Agent Steal (Peterson, Justin) (1)
    Cap'n Crunch (Draper, John T.) (2)
    Mitnick, Kevin (7)
    Phiber Optik (Abene, Mark) (2)
    Poulsen, Kevin
    Stallman, Richard@
    Vranesevich, John (5)
    Gotta love that last name
    Share on Google+

lol
    Share on Google+

HAHAH!!!!
    Share on Google+

not that cool, but is kinda funny.
    LATER-

Senior since the 3 dot era
    Hey, If you follow the links on JP they don't come up with good news about "our" AO founder...???
    Share on Google+

Funny stuff. I clicked through this and found this article. It seems like this person doesn't like JP very much.

The best way to label John is a fake. His writing and editorialized stories on his website AntiOnline.com are not just false and nonfactual, but also lead one to believe that these individuals, these “hackers”, are individuals with no regard for anyone other than themselves. He writes controversial stories where there is no controversy to grab the reader and pull them into his own little delusional world. He manipulates people to make his stories seem more real and then retaliates at his critics insulting their integrity.
    Note that KuRuPTioN (gotta love the pretentious nick) provides nothing to back up these statements. I haven't seen any of these so-called "controversial stories" written by JP. I was wondering if anyone knows a bit of the history behind this? Care to comment JP.

Disclaimer:
    I don't endorse what KuRuPTioN has said. I'm just curius to know what his problem is.
    OpenBSD - The proactively secure operating system.
    Share on Google+

Banned
    You are quite slow smirc, everybody knows about attrition, check out www.netflood.net, they are having an interesting poll, check out their interview with the owner of www.antioffline.com too.
    Share on Google+

oblio
    obviously a great deal of you are not familiar with anything more than the forum JP provided about half a year ago. This site used to be a news site similar to the former hackernews.com and net-security.org. The only difference really being that JP wrote his own stories as opposed to just writing commentary on stories from other media outlets. I believe (if memory serves me) back during the days when antionline was blue and white and hosted by some shell server, that trouble began with a story involving a hacker from the no|d crew, chame|eon who is now the founder of I believe it is, eeye security. A story about an arabic man named Khalid and his offerings of 'hacking for hire' to chame|eon and jp as well as aleged threats. I believe the end result was the Khalid story was fabricated and some false reportings on chame|eon upset some people. Now where the problems really started was after an attack on the new york times website by a group called hacking for girlies, JP not only had the exclusive story hours before even the new york times, but he had supposed evidence which was then handed over to the DoJ resulting in an FBI raid of Brian Martin (attrition.org) and his roomate se7en. Noone was ever charged and no physical evidence linking brian martin to hfg was ever presented. Through various channels, anger and anecdotes, an allegation was made that JP was under FBI investigation for the attacks and was believed to be hiring hackers so that he could get the exclusive story. At the same time, JP began sleeping with Caroline Meinel, who together created a force of lies so great that just about everyone became enraged. Then came the summer of 2000 raids against Global Hell. Once again Jp always had the exclusive story and this time was feeding information entrusted to him to the fbi. He also labeled many of those arrested as guilty which created a huge disturbance for many of the accused's lives for the media would take JPs reports and report on them. At the same time, a war was brewing between angry Attrition.org and Antionline.com. Attrition made a webpage dedicated to defaming JP. It called him a charlatan and provided well presented evidence of the fact. It also accused JP of libel and many other defamation related charges. JP at the same time began making allegations again about Attrition and handed down harsh labels without so much as an ounce of evidence. The last straw then came which pretty much not only pissed of the underground but everyone involved [cont]
    Share on Google+

oblio
    with infosec and opensource. After packetstorm, was forced to change service providers, harvard university decided to host the archive and maintain it. This was a great achievement and legitamized disclosure of vulnerabilities. There was a directory /jp which had jokes, and articles about him. One happened to be a picture of his sister. JP then took it upon himself to call Harvard and threaten them with a lawsuit if they did not remove the content. This ultimately resulted in harvard giving packetstorm the boot and left many angry. I could probably write a book about the crap JP has done, but now i must eat and rejoyce.
    Share on Google+

Senior since the 3 dot era
    speaking about funny stuff: if you go to www.antioffline.com and follow the link to jp.html... ugh: very funny stuff; or how ppl can go very looowwww in flaming others... *sigh*
    Share on Google+