Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worm set for file-eating binge

Worm set for file-eating binge

Security experts warned of possible widespread damage to PC files when the destructive Klez.e worm activates Wednesday. More information at http://news.com.com/2100-1001-852306.html

Doesn't sound like any super worm, just the usually windoze sh*t. Overrated PR.
    I am so glad Linux powers my box.
    \"To follow the path:
    look to the master,
    follow the master,
    walk with the master,
    see through the master,
    become the master.\"
    -Unknown

just the usually windoze sh*t. Overrated PR.

ummm...not if...like many of us you are charged with...and your job depends on...keeping the "windoze sh*t" from damaging or destroying valuable data...

signed zigar-who-got-home-late-tonite-after-updating-all-the-network-boxes-and-running-fulll-scans-just-to-be-sure-and-whose-machines-had-59-majistrs-and-14-klez's-mailed-to-them-today-alone
    I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird." - Abe Simpson

Ouch,
    Sounds like a fun job Zigar, but what can I say. You should get a less demanding job, or just more money for you job. Make it really worth it, you know. But I am glad how I am just low level sysadmin, {not as smart as my fearless leader} who needed help making a dos partition on a new pc today.
    So even though I am not the head guy, I am happy where I am, my job has its little perks. Silently laughing at all of them.
    \"To follow the path:
    look to the master,
    follow the master,
    walk with the master,
    see through the master,
    become the master.\"
    -Unknown

hehe awfulk thruth.. businesses around the world rely on windows.. coz its user friendlyness makes them do their work faster.. so basically any worm that affects windows is a big thing for businesses everywhere..

btw, i droped by in a MS branch here in sydney to visit a friend of mine.. and guess what? when i got inside the admin's room, me saw them use a linux box as a web server.. hehehe is that allowed??

but what's really going to annoy me is the way the "almighty tech support man" at my school will be calling it a virus if we're hit... *sigh* why can't people know the difference between a virus and a worm anymore?

God bless,
    --PhirePhreak
    I know you\'re out there. I can feel you now. I know that you\'re afraid. You\'re afraid of us. You\'re afraid of change. I don\'t know the future. I didn\'t come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it\'s going to begin. I\'m going to hang up this phone, and then I\'m going to show these people what you don\'t want them to see. I\'m going to show them a world without you, a world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

hahaha dunno.. media i guess.. though if i say "worm" to the students they would go "ooooooohh!" but if i say "virus" they go.. "aaaahhhh..."

prolly coz some of them dont know what worm is..

As far as I know this is a worm that was first discovered last year so anybody that gets bitten deserves to be cause if their anti-virus ain't up to date something bad is going to happen to them sooner or later and having their harddrive wiped clean might teach them a lesson.
    If you don\'t learn the rules nobody can accuse of cheating.

Hmm... methinks garathjax is behind all this... okay, so maybe not.

Oh, and sonic> nice post

God bless,
    --PhirePhreak
    I know you\'re out there. I can feel you now. I know that you\'re afraid. You\'re afraid of us. You\'re afraid of change. I don\'t know the future. I didn\'t come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it\'s going to begin. I\'m going to hang up this phone, and then I\'m going to show these people what you don\'t want them to see. I\'m going to show them a world without you, a world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

Lightbulb

I just dream of a day when end users don’t open infected mail, and then have the nerve to tell me it looked suspicious.

Ciao