View Poll Results: What is your favourite linux distro?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Caldera

0 0%
  • Debian

1 7.14%
  • FreeBSD (and others *BSD)

1 7.14%
  • Mandrake

3 21.43%
  • Red Hat

4 28.57%
  • Slackware

1 7.14%
  • SuSE

4 28.57%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which Windows Firewall Do You Use?

I don´t use any kind of firewall and i really don´t care.

sigh..you should...because one of these days men with black suits might be banging on your door because your box has been compromised and is running zombie attacks on government or commerical sites...

some isps are starting to boot customers who are recklessly disregarding computer safety...and i think you'll see a lot more of this...

i can even foresee a day..where you may be legally liable for attacks from your computer...whether you knew about them or not...your failure to "take precautions" could be seen a negligence...
    I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird." - Abe Simpson

Tiny Personal Firewall. At the moment, I'm not running any firewall software, but if I could, I would use Tiny. The only reason I don't is that my NAT software isn't quite the best, and stops working when I use Tiny. At any rate, TPF really caught me with it's clean and customizable ruleset.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Re: Wuh?

Originally posted here by KorpDeath

ZA is a big flaming pile of crap and you kid yourself if you think it gives you security

Ditto

Originally posted bt Terr
    Tiny Personal Firewall

Ditto

Tiny is what the Air Force uses.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Gee, all of these lovely comments about my firewall make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I guess the phrase "big flaming pile of crap" means you really feel strongly about it....Maybe I should consider changing....lol.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Zone Alarm is only good if you like the LOOK of a firewall that works,
    Make sure you are not labeled a newb, do not use ZA. Uninstalling it completely is pain in the ass aswell. There are numerous registry keys that it leaves behind. Switch to either TPF, sygate, blackice, or any combination of 2 or even all three. That is my 2 cents.
    \"To follow the path:
    look to the master,
    follow the master,
    walk with the master,
    see through the master,
    become the master.\"
    -Unknown

Get Linux Man! SmoothWall

My question for you[and all the tux box users] is:What hppens after the power is cut from your home for let s say 5 minutes and than is restored?Will the tux box ALWAYS compleetly start up and firewall your lan and will the firewalls on all your pc in your lan with lets say Sygate or Norton work and provide defense when scandisk finds errors who will be corrected when you get home from work?[don t think they will]
    Is it pos. to hack a win 98/me when it hangs in scandisk with it s found errors?????
    A hardware router[mine from Sitecom]will provide instant protection![when the power is restored]Importend with cable and adsl connections.
    i m gone,thx everyone for so much fun and good info.
    cheers and good bye

Zigar:the men in black suits in really hard to happen. i live in europe , portugal to be precise, and there isn´t a big chance that hackers will pick me because i´m still in the oldie 56k connection.
    Still there aren´t any kind of regulations for hacking attacks in my coutry ( at least not that i know of ) so i could do whatever i wnted and nothing happened. Anyway as i´m not sure of this i´ll check it out.
    As for the isp´s issue what do you mean by "boot"? Discard them? Close their connection? I should say that my connection is better then alway without my firewall!

I still say that cd-rw is always better than a firewall!
    The World is coming to an end, thus so are we...

Agnitium Outpost.. It's available at:
    www.agnitium.com

It's easily configured, reliable, customizable, and if you keep it updated it'll keep your win box secure. Agnitium also gives you the option to stealth your ports. You can test your firewall and see how well it's configured at these sites:

http://www.homenethelp.com/web/howto/firewall-test.asp
    http://www.cert.org/security-improve...ices/p060.html
    http://www.auditmypc.com/
    http://scan.sygatetech.com/
    http://grc.com/lt/leaktest.htm

Remote_Access_