Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hmmm going to get killed for this but...

Banned

hmmm going to get killed for this but...

hey what do u all think of having challenges on antionline?
    like the ones at cyberarmy.com
    area-6.net and that stupid try2hack one lol just thought if jp would alow it we could come to some soughta ranking system etc ao points or somthing for finishing a level i know that JP was frowning on wargames cuase it makes the servers vunrabule but challenges correctly coded shouldt cause 2 much of a problem ohh well please post your opinion i mean the more people we get agring the more likely it is to happen well
    thanks for listning to my ramblinings
    RiOtEr

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man
    I would like that Alot! Unfortunatly JP and the gang doesnt seem to be to keen on the idea of the Anti hackers anttepting to breatk into his systems. I suggested this a while back....only negative response....so i let it die.
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

Banned
    Dr Toker yeah dr toker thats why i put the title as it is ive heard jp go on about them before but if we did the chalenges then after each challenge their is a debrief and how to fix the exploit that u used? make sense does to me hehe just an idea as i said lol
    thanks
    cya
    rioter

Rioter -
    I think that would be a good thing, and I would like to see more places where a person can practice with out:

A) Getting arrested
    B) Spending way to much money

But this is JPs site, so its up to him...
    - Jimmy Mac

Replicants are like any technology, if there not a hazard, its not my problem....

Challanges are cool, and a great way for Newbies to learn and Exsperiment, and also to do some researtch of theyr own.
    How ever, people might try to brutforce the challanges, and that would b really anoying coz every thing would lag (As if my Casema cable isn't slow enough?!).

It's your server JP, but it would b cool........

- Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

Well I just thought I'd add my .02 to this, why not go get a cheap box, you can get an old p2 for under $100 nowadays, install you OS of choice, a few $10 nics and a $20 hub and you can hack away at it till your hearts content.

jcmcb [<-----dam government agents they suck!
    I think that would be a good thing, and I would like to see more places where a person can practice with out A) Getting arrested
    B) Spending way to much money

Thats a load of crap you work for the government and you want to see people not get arrested.. <---lol Gotta love our government

As far as your idea I like it alot I would love to h#$@ a lot of these members who think they are the shizzz nittt when all they have is Linux 7.2 and a cisco firewall hahahahaha get hacked for tyring mr.dos remember that!

MrDOs -
    I don't want to start a flame war, so I will be brief, and I want you to understand me, so I will use small words...

True I work for the gov't, but I am not an "Agent" as you say...I don't want to see anyone arrested, nor do I have the power/authority/interst in doing so...

This is besides the fact that on JP could instigate an investigation for hacking his site...and if he wants to let people practice here I doubt he would do so....
    - Jimmy Mac

Replicants are like any technology, if there not a hazard, its not my problem....

good idea

I think the challenge thing is a good idea. It would bring the tutorials section to another level......maybe an interavtive hacking tutorial. I think it would be good to be able to see how it is done from the inside so that we can better understand our systems and vulnerabilities.

I agree, but a little knoledge can cause big problems in the wrong hands. Maybe only ppl who are 1337 and experianced should be involved. I don't know, but I think that if you teach someone how to shoot a gun, they might shoot thier out foot off.
    LATER-