Thread: Visual Basic

Visual Basic

I'm trying to learn VB and i've created the simple "hello world" program i can run it and everything but i cannot seem to find a way to compile it. I'm using the VB program that is included with Microsoft Office 2000 but it doesn't have a compiler. Is there a place to get a compiler or a actual version of VB?

Thanks,
    Hellbringer
    -[h3llbringer] is back, again.
    -MSN CLoNE.

well friend if u want to practice VB then go for Professional or enterprise edition for VB. u can buy the CD or you visit microsoft.com for more information on VB.
    if a person wants to learn.... he can learn anything..... just anything....!!!!!!

But it seems like i can't afford to get the program. Hey, it's like a couple hundred dollards i'm only 15...i'm not rich ya know...
    -MSN CLoNE.

oblio
    vba is not vb. there is a student edition available of vb however it only has an inteprater. i think that the solution to your need is rather obvious, just follow the dots . . . . . . . . . . . ... . . . . . . . .... . .. ... . . .

follow the dots....thanks fo the advice....
    -MSN CLoNE.

Visual Basic Professional

Professional has academic pricing too. If you can find a friend in college, have them pick up a copy at their bookstore. Mine carries professional edition for 99.95, with the whole studio running right around 300.

Have fun coding.

-Keisha
    www.notinourname.net
    www.nion.us

Read them.

id like to borrow firedevils sig if i may, but change it from
    "if a person wants to learn.... he can learn anything..... just anything....!!!!!!"
    "if a person wants a prog.... he can get it somewhere..... from somewhere....!!!!!"

chexout sum irc channs #FTP.Sitez on dal.net for example...
    \"Welcome to the real world...it sucks. Your gunna love it.\'\"

Question

Just a suggestion... try programming on a Linux box (developer's choice). Forget VB (and all that M$ stuff) or learn another programming language. Anyway, I got a copy of the whole Visual Studio Enterprise Edition and you could also get it for FREE if you know how!
    One-tenth of the folks run the world. One-tenth watch them run it, and the other eighty percent don\'t know what the hell\'s going on.