Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AO System's Committee

AO System's Committee

I was Just Wondering, Would it be a good Idea to form a Committee, a team of Seniors (aprox 10) that JP Trusted, and give them Accsess to change and edit the website to conform to requests and complaints by users, of course, there would ahve to be a vote on all things to maintain the right balance of good functions and avoid stupid one's.
    Using sutch a system would take some load of JP and would speed up the time for bug fixes and also the quality, not saying that things are bad not, coz they arn't but one thing I have learned in computing is that perfection is never reatched...
    I think this would be a good Idea, any feed back would be good....

I also have some other ideas:
    * User Pref's and Skins (Standardized and Special for Seniors)
    * AO messanger
    * AO File section Arciver (to keep thing in the right place)
    * Several changes and astetic modz to the AO point system
    * Different ways of Viewing Posts (Standardized on the server)
    * Post and Forum filter (For those who don't want to read some of them)

Let me know what you think...it may seem like I'm moaning, but I just wanna make this site truly as good as it can be.....

...Just a suggestion...
    - Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

I think its a bad idea. I like things the way they are. I think JP is pretty objective.

Just came up with this one:
    * Moderators can makr a post :Flame post, which can then be filterd out if a pearson wants it to.

Louie,
    I think its a bad idea. I like things the way they are. I think JP is pretty objective.
    True, he's doind a good job, but I feel that this site could grow so MUTCH more, and has so mutch to offer...
    but it's not up to me.

- Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

If I had a site as extensive as this, I would not want people messing with the code.

I'm sure JP has his own designers at the office that probably take care of this. Also accidents do happen when it comes to coding, and it would be ashamed if someone broke part of this site.

I know if this was my site, and if something broke, I would want it to at least be my error, not someone elses.

Just my two-cents.
    An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure...

That is true, so why not make backup's and run offline tests?
    and offcourse, new code would have to b confirmed by JP first.
    that way, everybody wins.

I agree I think JP is doing a good enuff job on his own. And if you have any issues with the way things are around then you can allways ask jp about them. He is fairly reponsive in chat.
    LATER-

I agree I think JP is doing a good enuff job on his own. And if you have any issues with the way things are around then you can allways ask jp about them. He is fairly reponsive in chat.
    LATER-

I know that each forum has their own moderator to take care of the threads there-in, so that would be who you would go to with a specific complaint about a forum I would think. And also, somewhere in another thread here, they specifically addressed the issue of an AO instant message service....I think the prevailing opinion on that was that there are enough other ones available, they don't feel it neccesary here. I have also seen the fact that they are currently undergoing numerous changes to the website mentioned several times, and are holding off on new ones for right now.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

I think its a good idea, becuase it spreads the trust out knowwhatimsaying.
    T e l e n e T J u m p e r

Ummm.....it's JP's website. I think he pretty much gets to decide where the trust goes. You want to spread out the trust.....open your own website
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.