A new virus epidemic is coming up!!!

Thread: A new virus epidemic is coming up!!!

A new virus epidemic is coming up!!!

This week Focus Virus gave several warnings about infection of some systems with a ZombleMist virus, that appeared about a year ago. Experts in Antivirus technologies think, that it will be one of the most sophisticated and hard to catch virus. Since the virus is using a new method of integrating into the code. Symantec announced that the virus can decompile executable files and integrate it's own code, so that the infected file becomes a virus per facto.
    Heuristic analising of files became much harder to conduct 'cause ZombieMist uses elements of polymorfism for additional masking. Some information has leacked that this virus was written by a Russian hacker whos nick is Zombie.
    First a virus infects all the files listed in 'Path' lines in autoexec.bat, then comes all the local and remote files' turn! Although the alarm may be false, since 2 companies that submitted the information about infection with this virus. used AVP, some versions of which confused normal filees for infected. And Symantect hasn't found any proof yet. Anyway all of you guys should be advised.

P.S. Can't provide a link, cause it's on Russian, and forgive me if my translation is in any way incorrect.
    [glowpurple]Terrible end is better than endless terror! [/glowpurple]

hehe...well i found some english pages...HERE

but you're right...could make things interesting...the good news is that it took some real brains to write it...and that'll keep the kiddeis away...at least until someone writes a generator...sigh
    I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird." - Abe Simpson

In English:
    http://www.computing.co.uk/News/1129775

And this has been posted before, just recently:
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=221094
    Why am I still here?

My apologize, I guess I was to frustrated to chech all the posts. I'm really sorry, don't take me for a cheap copycat...Damn
    [glowpurple]Terrible end is better than endless terror! [/glowpurple]

no worries...happens to everyone...we all should do an archive search before we post...and i try...but sometimes you just gotta tell someone...even if they already know...hehe
    I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird." - Abe Simpson