Thread: Hmmmm

Banned

Hmmmm

couple of guys having fun at the expense of the apple store hehe funny stuff ohh well read it
    http://neworder.box.sk/newsread.php?newsid=3376
    RiOtEr

Banned
    Hehehehe, Good stuff

Banned
    hehe i like the fact they leech of their 2meg internet connection after they finished lol
    /me starts walking to the closest apple store
    hehe

Hmm, <Apple>+s....

I wonder..., I guess I'll reboot and see, but if I root my Mac, I won't be happy...

One moment...

dhej

/me notices that dhej has not returned, and ph34rs the werst...
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

Well, I am an idiot Matty_Cross...
    I forgot that <Apple>+s is single-user mode... so naturally, if you can boot into a *nix box in single-user mode, then you can add users and do everything that an Admin would need to do...

But it was interesting, I changed a dumby-user account that I had set up with normal user privs rather quickly..., but not as quick as I could have if it was a typical *nix box... one has to use niutil to add users... niutil is the CLI for NetInfo... NetInfo is what frightens me the most about MacOS X...

/me thinks NetInfo is a big gaping hole waiting for the right person to walk in and rip it to shreads... pariticularly for someone that isn't familiar with it (like me).

I am pretty sure though, that Single-User mode can be disabled, but, I wouldn't want that, as physical access to my machine isn't a problem, and those that get close to my machine can't even work DOS...

So, my task for myself is to learn the powers of niutil...

but, yah, OF COURSE you would be able to break everything if you booted into SINGLE-USER MODE.... DUH, sometimes, I amaze even myself with my idiocy...

but the moral of this story... If you run a Client machine that lusers have access to, disable the single-user mode, or some luser might suprise you by changing your motd to "1 0\|/N$ j00"... granted, I was trying to do this with a certain amount of style... one could have just simply changed the root passwd... but that screams "HEY, YOU'VE BEEN COMPROMISED!". I'd rather, get in, add a user, give that user admin privs, edit the logs, then gtfo...

I am probably going to block the ports researved for NetInfo, if they can get control of it they can mess a lot of crap up.

So, I am not happy...with myself for being a luser and forgetting all about <Apple>+s...

other neat boot commands for OS X: <Apple> + v , that boots it in verbose mode, so you can see everything the way it should be. <Apple>+x boots you into OS X no matter what is selected in the startup disk panel.

cheers,
    dhej (memorizing the man page for niutil)

Well, I am an idiot Matty_Cross...
    I forgot that <Apple>+s is single-user mode... so naturally, if you can boot into a *nix box in single-user mode, then you can add users and do everything that an Admin would need to do...

But it was interesting, I changed a dumby-user account that I had set up with normal user privs rather quickly..., but not as quick as I could have if it was a typical *nix box... one has to use niutil to add users... niutil is the CLI for NetInfo... NetInfo is what frightens me the most about MacOS X...

/me thinks NetInfo is a big gaping hole waiting for the right person to walk in and rip it to shreads... pariticularly for someone that isn't familiar with it (like me).

I am pretty sure though, that Single-User mode can be disabled, but, I wouldn't want that, as physical access to my machine isn't a problem, and those that get close to my machine can't even work DOS...

So, my task for myself is to learn the powers of niutil...

but, yah, OF COURSE you would be able to break everything if you booted into SINGLE-USER MODE.... DUH, sometimes, I amaze even myself with my idiocy...

but the moral of this story... If you run a Client machine that lusers have access to, disable the single-user mode, or some luser might suprise you by changing your motd to "1 0\|/N$ j00"... granted, I was trying to do this with a certain amount of style... one could have just simply changed the root passwd... but that screams "HEY, YOU'VE BEEN COMPROMISED!". I'd rather, get in, add a user, give that user admin privs, edit the logs, then gtfo...

I am probably going to block the ports researved for NetInfo, if they can get control of it they can mess a lot of crap up.

So, I am not happy...with myself for being a luser and forgetting all about <Apple>+s...

other neat boot commands for OS X: <Apple> + v , that boots it in verbose mode, so you can see everything the way it should be. <Apple>+x boots you into OS X no matter what is selected in the startup disk panel.

cheers,
    dhej (memorizing the man page for niutil)

Every teacher needs a Apple
    \"SI JE PUIS\"

Every teacher needs a Apple
    \"SI JE PUIS\"