"100 Years of Great Women."
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "100 Years of Great Women."

"100 Years of Great Women." Should Jane Fonda be included or not?

I received this in my email today and thought I would share this and get other peoples opinions.

This has been around before and getting a little worn, but least we forget what she did. It is interesting she was not arrested and tried for treason. A point I am sure that John Walker's attorneys will not miss.

Refer to attached picture.

Subj: KEEP THIS MOVING; ACROSS AMERICA HONORING A TRAITOR This is for all the kids born in the 70's that do not remember this, and didn't have to bear the burden, that our fathers, mothers, and older brothers and sisters had to bear.Jane Fonda is being honored as one of the "100 Women of the Century." Unfortunately, many have forgotten and still countless others have never known how Ms. Fonda betrayed not only the idea of our country but specific men who served and sacrificed during Vietnam.

The first part of this is from an F-4E pilot. The pilot's name is Jerry Driscoll, a River Rat. In 1978, the former Commandant of the USAF Survival School was a POW in Ho Lo Prison-the "Hanoi Hilton." Dragged from a stinking cesspit of a cell, cleaned, fed, and dressed in clean PJs, he was ordered to describe for a visiting American "Peace Activist" the "lenient and humane treatment" he'd received. He spat at Ms. Fonda, was clubbed, and dragged away.

During the subsequent beating, he fell forward upon the camp Commandant's feet, which sent that officer berserk. In '78, the AF Col. still suffered from double vision (which permanently ended his flying days) from the Vietnamese Col.'s frenzied application of a wooden baton.From 1963-65, Col. Larry Carrigan was in the 47FW/DO (F-4Es). He spent 6 -years in the "Hilton"- the first three of which he was "missing in action". His wife lived on faith that he was still alive. His group, too, got the cleaned, fed, clothed routine in preparation for a "peace delegation" visit.

They, however, had time and devised a plan to get word to the world that they still survived. Each man secreted a tiny piece of paper, with his SSN on it, in the palm of his hand. When paraded before Ms. Fonda and a cameraman, she walked the line, shaking each man's hand and asking little encouraging snippets like: "Aren't you sorry you bombed babies?" and "Are you grateful for the humane treatment from your benevolent captors?" Believing this HAD to be an act, they each palmed her their sliver of paper.

She took them all without missing a beat. At the end of the line and once the camera stopped rolling, to the shocked disbelief of the POWs, she turned to the officer in charge and handed him the little pile of papers. Three men died from the subsequent beatings. Col. Carrigan was almost number four but he survived, which is the only reason we know about her actions that day.

I was a civilian economic development advisor in Vietnam, and was captured by the North Vietnamese communists in South Vietnam in 1968, and held for over 5 years. I spent 27 months in solitary confinement, one year in a cage in Cambodia, and one year in a "black box" in Hanoi. My North Vietnamese captors deliberately poisoned and murdered a female missionary, a nurse in a leprosarium in Ban me Thuot, South Vietnam, whom I buried in the jungle near the Cambodian border.

At one time, I was weighing approximately 90 lbs. (My normal weight is 170 lbs.) We were Jane Fonda's "war criminals."

When Jane Fonda was in Hanoi, I was asked by the camp communist political officer if I would be willing to meet with Jane Fonda. I said yes, for I would like to tell her about the real treatment we POWs received different from the treatment purported by the North Vietnamese, and parroted by Jane Fonda, as "humane and lenient." Because of this, I spent three days on a rocky floor on my knees with outstretched arms with a large amount of steel placed on my hands, and beaten with a bamboo cane till my arms dipped.

I had the opportunity to meet with Jane Fonda for a couple of hours after I was released. I asked her if she would be willing to debate me on TV. She did not answer me.

This does not exemplify someone who should be honored as part of "100 Years of Great Women." Lest we forget..."100 years of great women" should never include a traitor whose hands are covered with the blood of so many patriots. There are few things I have strong visceral reactions to, but Hanoi Jane's participation in blatant treason, is one of them.

Please take the time to forward to as many people as you possibly can. It will eventually end up on her computer and she needs to know that we will never forget

Should she be included or not

"100 Years of Great Women." Should Jane Fonda be included or not?

I received this in my email today and thought I would share this and get other peoples opinions.

This has been around before and getting a little worn, but least we forget what she did. It is interesting she was not arrested and tried for treason. A point I am sure that John Walker's attorneys will not miss.

Refer to attached picture.

Subj: KEEP THIS MOVING; ACROSS AMERICA HONORING A TRAITOR This is for all the kids born in the 70's that do not remember this, and didn't have to bear the burden, that our fathers, mothers, and older brothers and sisters had to bear.Jane Fonda is being honored as one of the "100 Women of the Century." Unfortunately, many have forgotten and still countless others have never known how Ms. Fonda betrayed not only the idea of our country but specific men who served and sacrificed during Vietnam.

The first part of this is from an F-4E pilot. The pilot's name is Jerry Driscoll, a River Rat. In 1978, the former Commandant of the USAF Survival School was a POW in Ho Lo Prison-the "Hanoi Hilton." Dragged from a stinking cesspit of a cell, cleaned, fed, and dressed in clean PJs, he was ordered to describe for a visiting American "Peace Activist" the "lenient and humane treatment" he'd received. He spat at Ms. Fonda, was clubbed, and dragged away.

During the subsequent beating, he fell forward upon the camp Commandant's feet, which sent that officer berserk. In '78, the AF Col. still suffered from double vision (which permanently ended his flying days) from the Vietnamese Col.'s frenzied application of a wooden baton.From 1963-65, Col. Larry Carrigan was in the 47FW/DO (F-4Es). He spent 6 -years in the "Hilton"- the first three of which he was "missing in action". His wife lived on faith that he was still alive. His group, too, got the cleaned, fed, clothed routine in preparation for a "peace delegation" visit.

They, however, had time and devised a plan to get word to the world that they still survived. Each man secreted a tiny piece of paper, with his SSN on it, in the palm of his hand. When paraded before Ms. Fonda and a cameraman, she walked the line, shaking each man's hand and asking little encouraging snippets like: "Aren't you sorry you bombed babies?" and "Are you grateful for the humane treatment from your benevolent captors?" Believing this HAD to be an act, they each palmed her their sliver of paper.

She took them all without missing a beat. At the end of the line and once the camera stopped rolling, to the shocked disbelief of the POWs, she turned to the officer in charge and handed him the little pile of papers. Three men died from the subsequent beatings. Col. Carrigan was almost number four but he survived, which is the only reason we know about her actions that day.

I was a civilian economic development advisor in Vietnam, and was captured by the North Vietnamese communists in South Vietnam in 1968, and held for over 5 years. I spent 27 months in solitary confinement, one year in a cage in Cambodia, and one year in a "black box" in Hanoi. My North Vietnamese captors deliberately poisoned and murdered a female missionary, a nurse in a leprosarium in Ban me Thuot, South Vietnam, whom I buried in the jungle near the Cambodian border.

At one time, I was weighing approximately 90 lbs. (My normal weight is 170 lbs.) We were Jane Fonda's "war criminals."

When Jane Fonda was in Hanoi, I was asked by the camp communist political officer if I would be willing to meet with Jane Fonda. I said yes, for I would like to tell her about the real treatment we POWs received different from the treatment purported by the North Vietnamese, and parroted by Jane Fonda, as "humane and lenient." Because of this, I spent three days on a rocky floor on my knees with outstretched arms with a large amount of steel placed on my hands, and beaten with a bamboo cane till my arms dipped.

I had the opportunity to meet with Jane Fonda for a couple of hours after I was released. I asked her if she would be willing to debate me on TV. She did not answer me.

This does not exemplify someone who should be honored as part of "100 Years of Great Women." Lest we forget..."100 years of great women" should never include a traitor whose hands are covered with the blood of so many patriots. There are few things I have strong visceral reactions to, but Hanoi Jane's participation in blatant treason, is one of them.

Please take the time to forward to as many people as you possibly can. It will eventually end up on her computer and she needs to know that we will never forget

Should she be included or not

Thumbs up

My answer to this is the same as in the
    John Walker Lindh fiasco.

The fault lies with the US presidents, then and
    now, who find it more politically comfortable
    to fight undeclared wars, and with the
    congress for failing to discipline the president.

If congress had declared war against North Vietnam,
    then jane would have been afraid to take the risk.
    People who did similar things in WWII were hanged.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Thumbs up

My answer to this is the same as in the
    John Walker Lindh fiasco.

The fault lies with the US presidents, then and
    now, who find it more politically comfortable
    to fight undeclared wars, and with the
    congress for failing to discipline the president.

If congress had declared war against North Vietnam,
    then jane would have been afraid to take the risk.
    People who did similar things in WWII were hanged.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

I think she should've been hung back then. I don't agree with our esteemed colleague rcgreen, I refuse to blame the gov't for one person's actions. She should've been shot right after taking that picture with the supposed U.S. soldier's skull impaled on the front of it. And I'm guaranteeing that if they would've shot her then, it would've saved us from those horrible work-out videos.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

nice post Korp. Yeah those videos, my sister used to work out to those.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

What a bitch, she should not be on the list.
    However, Id like to see the American list of 100 years of great men.
    Dear Santa, I liked the mp3 player I got but next christmas I want a SA-7 surface to air missile

Holy crap, is this actually true? I don't really know who Jane Fonda is, before my time by a little ways.
    Elen alcarin ar gwath halla n engwar.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Well, I gotta agree about the video's. Those make her a traitor more then anything else. Like I always say, there are 2 sides to every story...Jane Fonda just happened to be an "icon" so she gets the fall.

During the Vietnam conflict, the majority of Americans were anti-war. Where do you think we got all the hippies from? When American soldiers came home, they were spit on, harrased, and attacked by American Civilians for being "baby killers". These soldiers were doing exactly what they were told to do, but because civilians didn't know the entire story, they just heard the women and childeren were being killed, they would attack the soldiers on their return. Hanoi Jane didn't know the truth about Vietnam either. She agreed with 90% of america, that the soldiers shouldn't be there. Because they volunteered to go, they were the guilty party. It wasn't until after the soldiers came home that we found out that North Vietnam would strap explosives to a baby and use it as a weapon against Americans/South Vietnam.

Because she was a celeberity, she is classified as a traitor. Techinally, she is no different then any "hippy" from that time frame. How many people do you want to hang today?
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Total -

Shame on you for not following the Second Rule of AO: Check Google first. Had you done that you would have found that this is nothing more than a vicious Urban Legend/Political tool. Here are some links you should check out:

http://www.snopes2.com/military/fonda.htm

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/hanoijane.htm

http://urbanlegends.about.com/librar...y/aa110399.htm

Truth: Jane went to vietnam, was used for propganda.

Truth: prisoners who refused to play along were beaten

False: No prisoners passed notes to Jane

False: no prisoners were killed because of Jane
    - Jimmy Mac

Replicants are like any technology, if there not a hazard, its not my problem....