Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The $100,000 challenge for hackers/crackers

Cool The $100,000 challenge for hackers/crackers

A company called Bodacion Technologies is offering $100,000 to anyone who can crack their biomorphic number generator and predict the final, one-thousandth, number in a sequence of 999.

The company is doing this to promote its Hydra server, which uses biomorphic computation for crypto routines. Additional security enhancements come from using an embedded OS and not having anything but a Web and Java applet server running. So there's basically a lot less to attack, which is of course inherently more secure than running hundreds of services.

To claim the $100K, all one needs to do is obtain the 999 numbers and accurately predict the thousandth one, and explain how it was done (guessing doesn't count).

In addition to the number challenge, the company also has a Hydra box at 208.254.152.215 which it invites you to own if you can. There's no prize for the CTF challenge; but perhaps one might get a Bodacion t-shirt or coffee mug, and of course a mention in The Register, if one should succeed.

Happy cracking.

Cool The $100,000 challenge for hackers/crackers

A company called Bodacion Technologies is offering $100,000 to anyone who can crack their biomorphic number generator and predict the final, one-thousandth, number in a sequence of 999.

The company is doing this to promote its Hydra server, which uses biomorphic computation for crypto routines. Additional security enhancements come from using an embedded OS and not having anything but a Web and Java applet server running. So there's basically a lot less to attack, which is of course inherently more secure than running hundreds of services.

To claim the $100K, all one needs to do is obtain the 999 numbers and accurately predict the thousandth one, and explain how it was done (guessing doesn't count).

In addition to the number challenge, the company also has a Hydra box at 208.254.152.215 which it invites you to own if you can. There's no prize for the CTF challenge; but perhaps one might get a Bodacion t-shirt or coffee mug, and of course a mention in The Register, if one should succeed.

Happy cracking.

hell yeah! that would be cool to try if i actually had any skills...hahahha ..pretty good marketing strategy .it would be interesting to see if someone can do it

hell yeah! that would be cool to try if i actually had any skills...hahahha ..pretty good marketing strategy .it would be interesting to see if someone can do it

are they suggesting to use like probability,etc maths to deduce the number or are challenging somebody to crack their program..

are they suggesting to use like probability,etc maths to deduce the number or are challenging somebody to crack their program..

seems to be very tempting.......and i just might be intrested if i get paid in advance
    Better Laugh At Your Own Problems..
    Coz...The World Laughs At Them

seems to be very tempting.......and i just might be intrested if i get paid in advance
    Better Laugh At Your Own Problems..
    Coz...The World Laughs At Them

hasnt this been done befor?
    aislinn, Aria, BTBAM, chevelle, codeseven, Cky, dredg, evergreen terrace, from autumn to ashes,hopesfall, hxc, luti-kriss, nirvana, norma jean, shai hulud, this hero dies, tool, underoath, zao,

hasnt this been done befor?
    aislinn, Aria, BTBAM, chevelle, codeseven, Cky, dredg, evergreen terrace, from autumn to ashes,hopesfall, hxc, luti-kriss, nirvana, norma jean, shai hulud, this hero dies, tool, underoath, zao,