Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Zone Alarm Pro 3

i m gone,thx everyone for so much fun and good info.
    cheers and good bye

So, if you have featuritis then Outpost seems to be the firewall for you.... features, features, features. I'll stay with mine.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Sygate ****ing sucks! That's the most shibby firewall out there in my concern. ZA at least stops them. For all you people that think Sygate Rocks your fools. I would not use that as my main personal firewall, but maybe as a third firewall. NeoWatch and NeoTrace are good programs but NeoTrace is it's pride and joy, and I think everyone who runs it would agree why. I'm primarly concerned about protecting my data with firewalls and using data encryption. Also removing spyware and having at least some type of virus protection up.

And why, pray tell, does Sygate suck?
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Here we go again!

It doesn't show the correct information of an attack, The IP address are not properly labeld. The protection still leaves open ports. Also it can be killed from a simple batch or shell command.

P.S.
    I'm not going to be here to battle with you. Just figure it out yourself

Banned
    Hmmm, Ill try ZA Pro3 for a while... I already have Sygate and Tiny installed....

Originally posted here by ac1dsp3ctrum
    Hmmm, Ill try ZA Pro3 for a while... I already have Sygate and Tiny installed....

I honestly can't see the point in running more than one Windoze, software firewall. Your Firewall is either doing it's job or it isn't.....

Ac1sp3ctrum, perhaps you could explain to me the benefits of more than one software firewall?

There is no reason to run more than one.

BTW- FreeOn you're so wrong. If that was the case then it would be all over the net, and it ain't.

I've tested Sygate on multiple times and have found nothing of the kind. Sounds like you need to learn how to administer your firewalls correctly.
    - Samuel Johnson

hey KorpDeath I'm correct and your wrong I think your the one who needs to learn how to configure a firewall and especially a firewall that doesn't work properly. Or maybe you do know how to configure a firewall in case I would suggest getting another one because Sygate Blows Goat Balls.

Ok I doubt it will help you my just showing you a command. I'll make a proggy that will turn Sycrape Firewall into mush. I'll see you when I get off of work sweet pea.