Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Zone Alarm Pro 3

Originally posted here by freeOn
    It doesn't show the correct information of an attack, The IP address are not properly labeld. The protection still leaves open ports. Also it can be killed from a simple batch or shell command.

P.S.
    I'm not going to be here to battle with you. Just figure it out yourself
    Show me the batch or shell command you use... I have one for the old version of Sygate, but that doesn't work anymore.

P.S. Looks like you are doing a lil' battling?? No???
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

<....side stepping the flames...>

after reading up on za thanks to KD (more than their press releases i mean..hehe)...i tossed it...

i tried sygate...and liked it...up until i installed the 2k service packs...then i could never get it to allow authentication on our domain...i'd have to log on to localmachine, set allow all then log off and log onto the domain...there was probably something i could have done...but couldn't figure it..so i'm using tiny now...and haven't had a problem...even after installing servpacks....
    I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird." - Abe Simpson

Like Vorlin, I quite Sygate, but I have ZA and Tiny installed... just to let you folks know. Yet I think ZA has warped into some XP-ZoneAlarm, for it's to 'kiddish' and userfriendly...big buttons, weird GUI ...whoa. I'm not used to this.
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

Originally posted here by KorpDeath
    There is no reason to run more than one.

Thanks, KorpDeath. Just the answer I was looking for.

Although, I was already aware of that I justed wanted to see someone prove that using more than one is an advantage.....

If you give me proof I'll accept defeat....graciously..

FeeOn- Love the avatar, too bad you don't know enough to keep the lil' dude animated.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

oh you big weenie.. Why do you got to be so serious. I'm glad you like my new avatar, It made me smile, yeah I could animate it but it wouldn't work right with the Eat Me on it so I got rid of it. I actually did make a proggy for you that does some unpleasant things to Sygate but I realized that it wouldn't be very nice of me to destroy your firewall. I'm not going to post it up because to many people would use it in the wrong way. I'll take the Avatar down tommorow because I know how much that has to annoy you.

It doesn't bother me at all.

And you can just send me that lil' proggy you are talking about at anytime. I wouldn't want to think that I recommend something that isn't any good....
    - Samuel Johnson

I have ZA 3 on a few machines and I like how it is set up. The only problems i have had so far is how it is set up. When you want to get ZA 3 set it up on a test machine first to get used to the controls then install it on your good main computers once you know how to use it thourghly
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

Still waiting FreeOn...... You can PM anytime to give that lil' proggy you keep talking about. I promise I won't share it with anybody........
    - Samuel Johnson

Do i have Featuritus?

Outpost Firewall
    Agnitum Outpost is the first personal firewall for Windows developed with Open Architecture. The Open Development Process proved its efficiency with the development of the Internet and with Linux. No company can be as fast, flexible and innovative at enhancing a closed product as thousands of developers from different countries all working on an open one.

Agnitum Outpost is the first personal firewall that supports plug-ins. Sample plug-ins are included to show how this revolutionary technology can easily be employed for such tasks as Intrusion Detection, Advertisement Blocking, Content Filtering, E-mail Guard and Privacy Control.

Agnitum Outpost is equipped with every feature a personal firewall should have. It is the most functional firewall in the world. Outpost supports all the latest security techniques and features such as: Full Stealth Mode, Anti-Leak, and MD5 Authentication.

Although Agnitum Outpost is setting new standards in the firewall market, it looks like any Office application! It needs no configuration before using-it starts protecting your system as soon as it's installed.

Compatibility is no problem. Agnitum Outpost brings you peace of mind in any environment no matter what:

Connection type you are using (dial-up, DSL, ISDN, Cable, T1 or Satellite).
    MS Windows version (95,98, 98SE, ME, NT, 2000, XP).
    Network (standalone PC, office network, home network, VPN or Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing).
    Application you are using (every browser and e-mail client, Web or FTP server, ICQ, IRC, Online Gaming and every other application imaginable) .
    There are two versions of Outpost: FREE and PRO. If you are not sure which version you need, please visit our online questionnaire to help you decide.

Note: We do not guarantee that Outpost Firewall will run on Microsoft ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) gateway (computer connecting two networks and transmitting packages from one network to another) running Windows2000 Service Pack 2 or Windows XP

Do i have Featuritus?

http://www.agnitum.com/products/outpost/
    i m gone,thx everyone for so much fun and good info.
    cheers and good bye