Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Zone Alarm Pro 3

KorpDeath you dumb jew I'll give you the proggy when I get back

Why are you waiting for me...you must me sexually attracted to me. That's fine alot of people find me hot. I'm not to kene on guys I only go for women.. Sorry KorpDeath I don't swing that way. Maybe other members could satisfy your needs.

How am I going to know that you actually ran the program and not just say you did? Then you could easily just say it didn't work freeOn can't program or ****. And all this just because you don't believe that Sygate can die. I mean there is no way for me to tell. I just don't wanna be mean to your machine

I'll run the program, like I said, I wouldn't want to mislead anyone.

I give credit where credit is due.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

more details

My opinion is that ZA is an exellent (personal) firewall. If you want to go pro, we did Sonicwall, and have not had any problems.

Could someone specify more details of ZA's weakness. Someone mentione a port opening? How dedicated of a phreeek does it take to exploit this option..and why is it not easily corrected.
    Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can\'t, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it.

more details

My opinion is that ZA is an exellent (personal) firewall. If you want to go pro, we did Sonicwall, and have not had any problems.

Could someone specify more details of ZA's weakness. Someone mentione a port opening? How dedicated of a phreeek does it take to exploit this option..and why is it not easily corrected.
    Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can\'t, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it.

Search the forum for that. We've had, probably, 15 conversations concerning the weaknesses of ZA. From the login problem on win98/2000 to the mutex engine weaknesses. I think it's all there.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

using 2 software firewalls?

Why?

Chances each software firewall has an unknown bug/exploit [disabled by a virus???]are not sf.
    Using 2 dif. software firewalls min. the risk.[dif.arch.]

What s very good at this moment can be broken tomorrow[your second firewall is your backup!]
    i m gone,thx everyone for so much fun and good info.
    cheers and good bye

IMHO,
    I have used ZA 2.6 once in my life. Even though I only used it once, I easily saw that I had just made a big mistake, ranging from the easily exploitable security it offers, way too much time spent on UI, and I am not even going to begin to complain about trying to {it cannot be done} uninstalling ZA completely. I believe that the apple does not fall to far from the tree, if you know what I mean, ZA might change but I highly doubt that it will ever be a real contender with Tiny, Sygate, BlackICE, etc. The only support that I feel ZA has are people that are just beginning computer security who download it and SEE all that it does, it overwhelms those that do not understand it. Then they spread the word of how "good" it is. But anyway, I vow to never use ZA again. Just my Opinion. If you disagree please post why.

i went to agnitum and downloaded everything. which is better when you have a megaproblem, outpost or jammer?
    tnx,
    skbyor

SKByor i would use Outpost cos it s free!
    i m gone,thx everyone for so much fun and good info.
    cheers and good bye

Banned
    Ok, I finished my test of ZoneAlarm 3 and it is, in my opinion, pure crap... It automatically allows programs that I do not want to access the internet access, the internet lockdown does not fully work, and the usability is bad... They should make a command line Zonelarm... It would be more useful