Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Zone Alarm Pro 3

I found two new features that 2.6 doesn't have. Pop up stopper and it will not allow you to close it down with asking you first. If you try editing the startup of zonealarm it will pop up and ask you if you want to change the startup of it. So if you have a program that will try to disable it it will ask you first. Here is a pic of what it does.
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

Talking

Having just downloaded and installed Tiny Personal Firewall, I've found it a lot more advanced than ZAPro. ZAPro is a good backup firewall, so I shall leave both running for the time being. However, when I finish my network and have a hardware firewall between my network and the Internet, I shall only use one or the other of the 2, since having 2 personal firewalls seriously impacts the machine's performance (it's only a K6-2/450 with 128MB RAM), and if there's a hardware packet-filtering firewall in place as well I won't want it to be slowed down any more (I connect through a 56k dialup, so maximising speed and bandwidth is important!)

Over and above all of this, Tiny Personal Firewall is FREE!!!
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them.
    One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
    (The Lord Of The Rings)
    http://www.bytekill.net

So it's been an entire weekend and have not heard from FreeOn. (wonder, wonder) Any chance of getting that lil' prog from you, FreeOn??
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Nah Sorry KorpDeath your not going to get it. People have advised me not to give it to you.

You are full of crap. Just admit it.

So don't give me the program. At least PM me with the details concerning how you wrote it and such so I can look into it.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

I'm full of Crap your the one who thinks that a program can't mess with Sygate.
    Why would I want to show you how... what's in it for me. I don't need to prove you wrong I already know I'm right.

What's in it for you? Assisting one of your fellow AO'ers.

And you're all alone in that knowledge, doesn't that make you feel special?

There is no harm in letting me know about a vulnerability in a program. You're making concerns up to avoid having to go through the humiliation of admitting you lied.

Next?
    - Samuel Johnson

I'm not alone in this knowledge any programmer could make a program to mess with Sygate. Your just proving that your an idiot. And I'm not going to stop you keep rambling on.

So helping out an idiot isn't reason enough? If I'm so dumb then, please, educate me squire.....
    - Samuel Johnson