Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ups

AO French Antique News Whore

Ups

I'm interest in buying a UPS (Uninterruptible power supply). I know their 2 types of UPS ; the standby power systems (SPSs) and the on-line UPS. I know the different between then. But I'll like to do your experience with UPS in general. Does it's realy worst the cost to buy a on-line UPS. I'll like your call on that UPS I should buy that can shut down my computer when I'm not at home. When I'm not on it, it's in stand by mode protect by a password. Will the UPS still be able to make a shutdown on my box?

Beside question, does a lost of power affect a Box when it's Stand By mode?

I have a Box with Win Xp Home. I have use Gibon Research Corporation program to disable my Universal Plug and Play on Win XP. I thing I need to reactive my Universal Plug and Play if I want to buy a UPS that use USB. I have also a Linksys Router, a HighSpeed Modem and a screen to plug to my UPS.

Thank you for your answer..
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Ups

I'm interest in buying a UPS (Uninterruptible power supply). I know their 2 types of UPS ; the standby power systems (SPSs) and the on-line UPS. I know the different between then. But I'll like to do your experience with UPS in general. Does it's realy worst the cost to buy a on-line UPS. I'll like your call on that UPS I should buy that can shut down my computer when I'm not at home. When I'm not on it, it's in stand by mode protect by a password. Will the UPS still be able to make a shutdown on my box?

Beside question, does a lost of power affect a Box when it's Stand By mode?

I have a Box with Win Xp Home. I have use Gibon Research Corporation program to disable my Universal Plug and Play on Win XP. I thing I need to reactive my Universal Plug and Play if I want to buy a UPS that use USB. I have also a Linksys Router, a HighSpeed Modem and a screen to plug to my UPS.

Thank you for your answer..
    -Simon \"SDK\"

"Does it's realy worst the cost to buy a on-line UPS."

Worth, I assume, and it depends on how important the box is. For a home pc it's not crucial.

"When I'm not on it, it's in stand by mode protect by a password. Will the UPS still be able to make a shutdown on my box?"

Yes.

"Beside question, does a lost of power affect a Box when it's Stand By mode?"

Yes.

"I have a Box with Win Xp Home. I have use Gibon Research Corporation program to disable my Universal Plug and Play on Win XP. I thing I need to reactive my Universal Plug and Play if I want to buy a UPS that use USB."

You don't have to, but it may make it easier.
    -Shkuey
    Living life one line of error free code at a time.

"Does it's realy worst the cost to buy a on-line UPS."

Worth, I assume, and it depends on how important the box is. For a home pc it's not crucial.

"When I'm not on it, it's in stand by mode protect by a password. Will the UPS still be able to make a shutdown on my box?"

Yes.

"Beside question, does a lost of power affect a Box when it's Stand By mode?"

Yes.

"I have a Box with Win Xp Home. I have use Gibon Research Corporation program to disable my Universal Plug and Play on Win XP. I thing I need to reactive my Universal Plug and Play if I want to buy a UPS that use USB."

You don't have to, but it may make it easier.
    -Shkuey

Do you suggest a certain model or compagnie?
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Do you suggest a certain model or compagnie?
    -Simon \"SDK\"

I use APC, but really I don't think there is much difference between manufacturers in the generic UPS systems.
    -Shkuey

I use APC, but really I don't think there is much difference between manufacturers in the generic UPS systems.
    -Shkuey

Not entirely true skhuey, a UPS for at home may not be crucial but will affect your PC's performance. Harddisks can crash easily by minor fluctuations in the power source. So an APC would corect that, I recommend APC, they bring out affordable systems for at home and deliver the program Powerchute that will automatically shut down your system safely when you have a blackout. And they have a version for the entire windows family and MacOS and Linux.

Not entirely true skhuey, a UPS for at home may not be crucial but will affect your PC's performance. Harddisks can crash easily by minor fluctuations in the power source. So an APC would corect that, I recommend APC, they bring out affordable systems for at home and deliver the program Powerchute that will automatically shut down your system safely when you have a blackout. And they have a version for the entire windows family and MacOS and Linux.