I need a little wine/linux help

Thread: I need a little wine/linux help

Lightbulb I need a little wine/linux help

I'm trying to install and run Adobe Photoshop 6.0 through wine in Mandrake 8.1 but guess what... it doesn't work!
    It complains about my windows not having service pack 4 or something (that's pretty obvious since I only have linux installed)... Wine runs some things perfectly but I can't make it run Adobe Photoshop and I need that prog for my work...

If any1 will give me some good links to different tutorials, howto's or something I will be very thankful.
    I also have a serious problem finding packages with directx/direct3d support for wine and Transgaming wants money for their version (lamers), so I'm looking for the source so I can compile it myself.
    zion1459
    Visit: http://www.cpc-net.org
    \"Software is like sex: it\'s better when it\'s free.\" -Linus Torvalds

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Wine is still pretty much a beta product. Not everything runs perfect yet. Why not just run gimp? It is pretty much the same as Photoshop, but open source.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

I'm with Souleman on this...

but if you still want to use photoshop, try running it with winex (I think Photoshop uses directdraw).. Winex is provided by transgaming.com the winex version is free, if u download it using their CVS they are aware of this and don't care... enjoy
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

k... I'll try the winex source code... thx
    zion1459
    Visit: http://www.cpc-net.org
    \"Software is like sex: it\'s better when it\'s free.\" -Linus Torvalds

Gimp is nowhere as good as photoshop; and since Photoshop 6 requires Win98, you're out of luck with wine. I tried 5.5 with winex and it didn't work, maybe you should try 5.5 with Wine CVS !