IE 5.1 for MacOSX not showing Quote Boxes

Thread: IE 5.1 for MacOSX not showing Quote Boxes

IE 5.1 for MacOSX not showing Quote Boxes

Well, first Opera for OS 9 stopped loading the front page, and that was rapidly fixed. Now IE 5.1 is being a pain in the bum.

For some reason everything that is in a box like:
    this one
    shows up with the text almost the same color as the box... I know it doesn't do this in IE for PC, and it also doesn't do it in Opera for OS X (which is how I have been surviving).

I don't quite understand it, one would think that IE would work the same, no matter what, but NOPE, M$ is a bunch of...

Once again, I have submitted a image of the offender...

Cheers,
    dhej

Banned
    Why use IE if you can download Mozilla for almost any platform for free?

I say stick with Opera....

But why would it do that? I am stumped.....but I refused to use IE and outlook for mac!
    - Jimmy Mac

Replicants are like any technology, if there not a hazard, its not my problem....

Banned
    Greetings:

By the looks of that screenshot, it seems to be a problem with your colors, and not with the site. The box is showing up green instead of grey?

hmm, dunno, it does look sort of green in that picture, but, it is more grey, like the color of the alternating posts, but it in both the quotes are all grey...but it is a slightly different shade of grey than the posts that are grey.
    /me wonders if this makes any sense....

I don't think it is just my computer, every other browser that I have installed in MacOS X(now its: Opera, Mozilla, Netscape(blech)) work fine... IE though, it ...

WOW!

Ok, so I just changed a setting, and it changed from almost grey to BRIGHT FRIGGIN GREEN... But the text is still the same color as the background.

UPDATE:

So, I disabled CSS, and not the quotes aren't in boxes and all the text looks funny, but everything is readable.

I guess, either I am an idiot, or M$ dun something funky with CSS.

Sorry,
    dhej

Banned
    Greetings All:

Is anyone else using MacOS X to read AntiOnline, that can comment on the things that Dhej is bringing up?

I also use IE 5.1 for Mac and also suffer from the same fault. I always just assumed it was a problem on my end seeing as I only run 8.1......

What mac OS are you running, Dhej?

I apologise......I see you're running OSX......

Well there you go JP.......from 8.1 to OSX the same fault seems to come up....

No solution JP? It still seems to be happening........

Im Runnin IE 5.1 on OSX sometimes, heh..

I know, I put in a bug report for Konqueror, and I.E 6, but I run those too....

I can see the quote "Box" just fine....

It's the text inside the quote box that I cant see... unless I highlight it, it seems to me to be an issue with the default text/background settings. I would try to change some settings and see if it helps, but, sadly I'm reinstalling OSX atm...

will try to comment again tomorow, when it is runnin....

IchNiSan