Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Al-Qaeda Online - Am I the only one offended?

Angry Al-Qaeda Online - Am I the only one offended?

Check this out.
    Shouldn't somebody DO SOMETHING?

http://msn.com.com/2100-1105-852830.html

Like what? What can they really do?

Red face

How can u be offended? Everyone has the right (as far as I'm concerned) to communicate on the internet.

i agree, jsut because you dont agree or like it doesent mean it cant be there.. there are plenty of people that think the sam about your ideas. Let them give there ideas, and worry more about educationg people not to be like that, and retaliate constructivly
    --------------------------
    http://www.arg-irc.com

Hi mom!
    Maybe someone should give Kimble a call?
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

Yeah get both of those brain-trusts together...... How fast do think ol' Kimble and Al could screw themselves up?
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

It might be hard for some people here on AnitOnline to fully understand how American's really feel about what happened to us on Sept 11th 2001. By no means am I trying to minimize tragedies that other Countries, Religions, or Cultures are going through right now. We have always thought that America was SAFE and UNTOUCHABLE, boy were we wrong. We have to now come to the reality that we are very venerable They struck first and we have to follow through with the War and do it right, or we will be the target for all future AL Qaeda type Terrorist Organizations. One of the first targets in a ground war is the communication systems, so isn't the Internet a form of communication. It was said that part of the attack was planned and carried out over the Internet and that they(the Al Qaeda) communicated with eachother over the Internet via Email. So my opinion is that yes we should put a stop to ALL Al Qeada or terrorist web sites, message boards, chat rooms, or anything else on the Internet that has any support or empathy for the terrorists that attacked our Country. I am a strong believer in our Constitutional Rights, but I really don't think when our Founding Fathers wrote the First Amendment they took into consideration that someone could use the Internet to plan and carry out terrorist attacks against America, so I don't feel that blocking Internet access to ALL TERRORIST violates the First Amendment

hmm it is possible that they are accessing the internet via some other places that no one would suspect that they would be there.. hmm it would be really mad tho if Mitnick would lend a helping hand.. hehehe i bet the US govt already have him hired and workin on this.

I mean, isnt that what they do to convicted hackers? tell them to work for them and maybe they might let da d00d go wid minimum years of probation..

GO MITNICK!!!

and does this bring a new term for AOL?? hahahha

Re: Al-Qaeda Online - Am I the only one offended?

Originally posted here by FrequentZ
    Check this out.
    Shouldn't somebody DO SOMETHING?

http://msn.com.com/2100-1105-852830.html
    The US is founded on the idea that everyone has liberties by the virtue of being human, regardless of whether the Government gives them to them, and that the Government exists to perpetuate those liberties, even 'the majority' cannot take them away. One of those is free speech...

I'm rambling, but the basic idea is that in order to stop this sort of thing, you would have to trample a lot of people's rights of privacy and free speech. That, and it's not in America, and the US needs to learn when to not bully other countries as much as it has in the past.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency