Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Show me your Homepage

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man

Show me your Homepage

OKay, i think this will allow everyone to get to know each other a little more....
    So post your URL

I created this website but it will soon be no-longer in my control. Simply because I don't know flash. But the HTML page is nice for now....

This is my cousins band... I do all there promotions, and technical stuff.
    The Url is www.inhabitedtheband.com and if you guys have any suggestions, criticism of the constuctive kind post a reply...
    I was also wanting to put up a Message board with a few threads but, I dont know a damn thing about it...also when the website goes over to Flash....I will need a "flash compatible" Message Board...i dunno....i hope you guys do.

If you really want to help us out then go to the Music section and download a few songs and tell me what you think....

www.inhabitedtheband.com
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

only 2 comments....and these are only personal preference...fwiw

i'd add a click here dummy button to your welcome page...believe it or not, some people won't figure out how to get into the main body of the site...and as web designers we want everyone to visit...even stupid people...

secondly...the "color" scheme seems a bit strange for a the band...very dark...when i'd say you want to convey a sense of...well..."light"...given the bands subject matter...the all black and white...well...just seems more appropriate for...i don't know...ozzy ozbourne or something
    I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird." - Abe Simpson

Well, the web page was nice, and I didn't have any problem figuring out what to do to get to the main body, and I definitely fall into the "ID10T" category...but I never could get the music to load. I waited for a while (5-10 minutes) and all I ever got was connecting...Overall it was a very clean, streamlined look, and I like it.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

and I definitely fall into the "ID10T" category
    well let me tell ya bout idiots...i swear i could put a button on a page that says

SEARCH

and then a giant bold text message that says

CLICK THE SEARCH BUTTON TO SEARCH....

then in bigger type...say

PLEASE READ THE LINE ABOVE TO FIND OUT HOW TO SEARCH....

i've got a form on a site that basically says in giant red letters..."please don't use this form to contact us...use THIS form instead. Any questions asked using this form will not be replied to."

i get at least 4 or 5 a week...

duh...

and btw...the music worked no prob for me...
    I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird." - Abe Simpson

Hmmm, have to try the music again....lol. Told you=>ID10T!

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Wooo Hooo it worked for me this time!!

I like the music, too....not really my speed, but okay.

Color is the main thing i would point out!!! Black symbolises demons black magic et all that is EVIL I tell you EVIL!!! White symbolises chasity etc As a n00b web designer I didnt think about color that much until Ghost_Rider (was on IRC professional web designer) looked at a site of mine anbd told me a couple of links to pages about color and the psychology of color!! Take a look at www.martlev.o-negative.net/state/ and click on the color link to find pout about my research and for a few links to pages and sites about color.

The sites nice - i like it
    plus the gurl sara I think is kinda cute

hmmmm my site is at v_Ln am a bit embarressed by it atm - I wrote it in like 30mins from my uni - just sorta as something to fill the space while i work on my flash site but it'll have to do

v_Ln

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man
    Well the color scheme is so dark for a reason. The world we live in is a very dark place, filled with more evil than we could ever imagine. We are surrounded by darkness, there for we must shine our light as bright as possible in to this sad, sick world. Also the front Splash, says another reason as well.

Daniel 12:3 THose who are wise, will shine like the brightness of the heavens. And those who lead many to rightousness will shine like the stars for ever and ever.

The stars you see are also shining in the cold dark wastland of space. Much like Christians in this world today.
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

Not my site, but one which I visit regulary and moderate the forums on:
    Jrawly.co.uk forums.

Great site, built on phpbb by someone who used to go to my college.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.