Broadband Surpasses Dial up for the first time

Thread: Broadband Surpasses Dial up for the first time

Broadband Surpasses Dial up for the first time

if we thought the Security problems were bad now, just wait.

Cool link. I can't wait 'til vDSL comes along. With 50Mbps down/25Mbps up, everyone will be able to have the equivalent of roughly 12 T1s down... I can't wait.
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?

DON'T TELL ME HOME USERS ARE GOTTA GET THIS THING. Oh great. watch the DDoS problem go up

What kind of pipe would carry that into homes? over copper awg 24?

Sounds like this would take a while to actually hit the mainstream, and what we have now I wouldn't consider mainstream. It sure would take some type of fancy wiring to get this into the suburbs and such.

damnz i want cable
    hip hop rules

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    South Florida
    Well I know I'm seriously glad that the broadband is taking over. I do a lot of highend flash work and i get tired of having to do two sites for each. (1 for low bandwidth, and one for high bandwitdh). Once everyone goes highspeed I can really start using 3dstudio max's full capabilities. But alas, it is still too far off to forget about our 56k friends.