Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Win2000 vs. XP

chawleyx87d, yeah it's a winmodem and as for the external modem being better cuz you don't have to open up your comp to do stuff to it, that's not really a concern since my comp hasn't been closed since i made it.. as for it maybe working with linux i've looked all over the place for drivers for it, it's an Aopen FM56-PM PCI modem if anyone knows anything about them.

"I spent about 3 hours downloading Norton the other day, only to find it won't work on Advanced Server"

what norton did you download because i'm running 2001 corporate on my 2kadvserv box and it works fine

ps sorry about double post

hmm i dont know about Windows2000 Professional but i would pick Windows 2000 Advanced Server over Windows XP anytime. for the reason that Windows 2000 Advanced Server is one ONLY MS Windows O/S who has less vulnerabilities compared to other MS Windows OS and some Linux distros and Solaris.

Believe it or not Windows 2000 Advanced Server is tested to be the most secure O/S at the moment. So if you are using Win2K Pro, i suggest u move to XP atleast XP has less problems than Win2K Pro. and about the few vulnerabilities on XP, that can be patched.. they already issued patches. Its not like there isnt any Windows OS that never used patches.. though my Win2k Adv Server box was patched only twice, so far there isnt any new threat for Win2K Adv Server.