SuSE 8.0

Thread: SuSE 8.0

Banned

Thumbs up SuSE 8.0

Being a member of the SuSE mailinglist and knowing a few SuSE people I got this info.
    While Germany will be first SuSE 8.0 will be shipping soon read what I translated :

After Easter SuSE wants to begin with the distribution of the version 8.0 of its Linux distribution. With the current Kernel 2,4,18, glibc the 2,2,5 and XFree86 4,2,0 is brought the system on the current status. As substantial innovations SuSE calls far improved hardware recognition, a more efficient Firewall software as well as simplified remote maintenance. With applications the German Linux Distributor within the area rigged Multimedia and plays; like that for example an application of consoles is contained for burning DVDs with the current cdrecord. As Desktop the fire-new KDE 3,0 is to be used. The price amounts to approximately 50 euro for the personal and approximately 80 euro for the Professional version, by a larger software scope, more documentation and an extended support is characterised (odi/c't)

Thanks for the info. You don't by any chance know if there will be an upgrade CD for 7.2 Pro so I can get SuSE 8.0 without having to shell out for the full boxed product again?
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

Banned
    Probably yes, altough I would have to wait, my German is really bad and I gotta use a few translators

Not as bad as mine, I can't speak a word of German and have forgotten virtually all the French I did at high school (somehow I managed to get an 'A', so my bribe must have been accepted by the teacher! ).
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.