Thread: AP idea...

AP idea...

I brought this idea up in the cosmos forum, and I think it bears repeating here. Would it be possible to remove the ability to apply APs to posts in certain forums (like cosmos)?

Philosophical debates create a situation where someone could easily get angry at someone else and give them negative APs for it. If APs are supposed to be a measure of how helpful someone is in the main forums, then I see no need for them to be applied to the cosmos forum, and possibly one or two others (General Chit Chat, etc.).
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?

sounds like it could be a good idea
    --------------------------
    http://www.arg-irc.com

Not a bad idea, or else, how about a different version of ap for special forums.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

I had this idea while ago but i feel it needs to be limited to people with over 150 post only so idiots dont use ti as a way to start flame wars and such...

_NetSyN_
    [shadow]i have a herd of 1337 sheep[/shadow]
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..

yeah... the problem is that the only people who give out negative points are
    a. lamers
    b. good users punishing lamers.

i mean... it would be nice to have the AP's for cases where some jerk posts in the middle of a good thread "YOU ARE LAME AND GAY" or "HOW DO I HACK HOTMAIL" these things can happen and there needs to be someway to address them. moderators is one way. antipoints is another, cause once the person goes negative enough jp kicks them out. so i see you point, but i tend to think they are necessary in some capacity.

I had this idea while ago but i feel it needs to be limited to people with over 150 post only so idiots dont use ti as a way to start flame wars and such...
    Two Thumbs Up
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man
    Good Idea guys....
    I think special Points for Cosmos would be way kewl
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

I think the system seems to work well so far....

If it ain't broke don't fix it.
    - Jimmy Mac

Replicants are like any technology, if there not a hazard, its not my problem....

Banned
    Greetings:

This suggestion was made before, and it was decided (by more than just me), that it wasn't a good idea.

If a user wants to give you negative antipoints because of a thread (and they're asses to begin with), they'll just go to a different forum to do it.

thanks for the suggestion though.