carnivore source code

Thread: carnivore source code

Post carnivore source code

does anyone here got carnivoreīs source code?
    Knowledge Is Power

Hehe, donīt count on getting your hands on that piece of code. Might aswell ask for windoze code.
    Dear Santa, I liked the mp3 player I got but next christmas I want a SA-7 surface to air missile

You can't get Carnivore's source code as far as I know, one of the most contraversial issues (apart from how it is used) is the fact that it is closed source software. If anyone on AO did have the source code they would likely get in a lot of trouble from the FBI if they released it to you or any member of the general public.

There has been some research into Carnivore, check out the Open Internet Wiretapping paper to find out more.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    I think there is a better chance of getting the windows code actually. Although they might release it eventually. Kinda like the phone encryption system.....can't remember what it was called any more. All I remeber is that it was broken within 24 hours of them releasing the code for the "ultimate" phone scrambler.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

According to the report/paper I mentioned earlier, the FBI are thinking of releasing Carnivore's source code, and as far as I can remember this is a good idea according to the researchers. Whether or not it will ever happen is, of course, an entirely different ball game.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.