no wonder antionline is slow
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: no wonder antionline is slow

Banned

no wonder antionline is slow

just to view the anti point window:

AntiOnline dynamically created this page for you in 0.971941 seconds : 15 queries executed

15 queries for that? JP ever hear of a RDBMS?

Banned
    AntiOnline is NOT slow... That is your crappy connection, I have DSL and the page loads like lightinng... So check your connection, It might be YOU!

Banned
    I got a faster connection then you acid, still the pages load slow.

agreed... even on a 56k i have seen this load fast (even though i am rolling with a t1 lan now... hehe)
    Learn like you are going to live forever, live like you are going to die tomorrow.

Propoganda

uh excuse me, but if by RDMS you mean relational Database like SQL-Type... what else do you think Anti-online uses? And *ANYWAYS* RDBMS take more horsepower, I mean, flat files are fast, so your argument makes no sense.

Banned
    gepeto my argument makes plenty of sense. it is your brain that is at fault. thanks to rdbms, tables can be joined which then limits the number of queries to the database. in web applications, numerous queries cause major slow downs. i know damn well what i am talking about. Oh and at home I use dsl and at work I am on a T1, so don't blame me.

Banned
    Ok this is weird, I just tried IE on my wintel box and AO loads very fast. But I use Mozilla as my standard broswer on all my boxes. SOmehow Mozilla takes ages to load AO pages.
    JP this place is IE friendlier then I thought or I must go back to Netscape.

I don't see what the point of this is. If you have a suggestion then there is a forum for that. If you are bitching just to bitch then go somewhere else. AO's speed is just fine. maybe you should try some tweaks for your system.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Here is the unsolicited opinion of a user that has a 56k dial-up connection (with a free provider non the less!!)
    I would like to say that I am extrememly impressed with the speed and stability of this site, when everything else seems to be taking forever and six years to load....Antionline is at least twice as fast!!! The frequent and reliable speed, coupled with the fact that this site is rarely (if ever?) down for any reason are the largest contributing factors in my choice to learn here in your forums.
    Wonderful site...keep up the great work!
    Faqt

If you want to make God laugh....make plans.

Originally posted here by Focmaester
    Ok this is weird, I just tried IE on my wintel box and AO loads very fast. But I use Mozilla as my standard broswer on all my boxes. SOmehow Mozilla takes ages to load AO pages.
    JP this place is IE friendlier then I thought or I must go back to Netscape.
    Netscape is slow. It is limited on how many threads per session you can open. IE doesn't have the same limitations (or it has like twice as many, but still limited). As far as speed goes Opera kicks them both in the dirt.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson