Forbidden Threads Popup
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forbidden Threads Popup

Forbidden Threads Popup

Just a small suggestion, in an attempt to get kill that eternal plague that is Site Suggestions on signing of Antipoints.

When creating a thread in site suggestions, how about a pop up, which states which topics are no longer open to discussion, like the signing of Antipoints topic.

This would help notify the users who don't know if its already been discussed (ie, new / lazy / stupid), so that we don't get previously suggested suggestions re-appearing every week.
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"

Banned
    Good idea Matty_Cross I would like to see that in effect

Suggestion suggestions

Barring the new people who simply don't know any better, would the lazy/stupid people bother to read the warning, or just kill the window and post anyway?

-Keisha
    www.notinourname.net
    www.nion.us

Read them.

Keisha,
    I should explain what I mean by my terms...

new = kinda self explanatory...

lazy = don't want to go through the site suggestions forum to look to see if the idea has already been discussed....

stupid = the people who know that its been discussed, but post it anyway......

While the stupid people may discard the warning, you could implement a punishment of sorts for doing so... don't know what though....
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.

I kind of like that idea .

It's a good idea for some topics, but not all since sometimes a topic which was discussed a while ago (like moderators, which I brought up months ago) crops up again and you get a completely different discussion and response from JP and the AO community.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

pwaring, things such as the moderators idea where not what I was aiming this suggestion at... those are valid ideas that were basically given a 'not now' or 'I'll think about it'...

this suggestion is aimed at the threads on ideas which have been told 'NO, NEVER', but people keep posting them....
    -Matty_Cross

Originally posted here by Matty_Cross
    pwaring, things such as the moderators idea where not what I was aiming this suggestion at... those are valid ideas that were basically given a 'not now' or 'I'll think about it'...

this suggestion is aimed at the threads on ideas which have been told 'NO, NEVER', but people keep posting them....
    Perhaps JP should consider appointing a moderator for this forum then?
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

I think it would be a good idea, but the thing is, how BIG is the pop-up gonna be? To list everything, it would have to have quite a bit of information. This also means that the bigger it is, the more likely it will be that people will just click 'OK' cos they don't want to read this big pop-up everytime.

It could also get annoying when you keep visiting the forum, having this pop-up coming up. But, maybe if you could turn it off somehow, perhaps if you have done over a certain amount of posts, this turning off option could be available. I suggest this cos if you've posted say 100 posts, you should know what has and hasn't already been discussed.

But I'm definetely with you Matty, it would be good to have some kind of info about what has been discussed so that questions don't keep re-appearing. Mind you, most of these repeating questions can be answered by users simply reading the FAQ - but then again, them being NEW users, they might not know that there is a FAQ. It's complicated, but the suggestions should keep coming, maybe there is a perfect solution, but we just aren't seeing it.

Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester

Ahem, okay, as the person who originally posted the thread that caused someone else to post the thread that got Matty Cross to post THIS thread, I would like to apologize for starting it. Yes, I posted a thread complaining about the way certain people abuse the antipoint system, and got quite a few responses. Every time I thought it was dead, someone else responded to it. So I found out from another member here how to delete the thread, which I did.
    Sooo-I would like to take this time to personally apologize to Matty Cross for my ignorance and pledge to NEVER, EVER post a thread that has been beaten to death.
    Sorry
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.