ID cards...

Thread: ID cards...

ID cards...

hey here is an update on the id card idea

It seems like every new idea that comes along is being touted as a good idea by somebody, after 9/11. However it is my understanding that all of the hijackers involved in the attacks were in the United States legally. What good would this card have done, anyway?
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Thanks for the info. I really don't like the idea myself. This sounds like one step closer to the "chip implant" that was discussed in another thread. I'm sure after 9/11 and the increased emphasis on fighting terrorism, the move toward something like this in the US will gain some steam. But I hope it doesn't happen while I'm around.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man
    Only if national security were as easy as computer security.....
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

In the US, in the meantime, the temporary public approval of a national ID card is waning:

Wired: Support for ID Cards Waning

It's interesting to see how some subjects were the hot topics for a bit and are now going back to normal .... it's just the laws that were voted that will not go away as easily.

"To estimate the time it takes to do a task, estimate the time you think it should take, multiply by two, and change the unit of measure to the next highest unit. Thus we allocate two days for a one-hour task." -- Westheimer's Rule