Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cosmos Forum - Evaluation

Banned

Post Cosmos Forum - Evaluation

The Cosmos Forum has been been up now for 56 days. After 79 Threads and 1097 Posts, I think it's time for an evaluation...

First off, I'd like to thank everybody who posted on the Cosmos-forum...

An 'invite-only'-system has been discussed, but I don't think there's need for one... Untill now, the Cosmos Forum is exactly what I wanted it to be: a free forum for everything that doesn't belong on the regular forums, a forum where everybody is free to vent their own opinions... Sure, there have been some little flame-battles going on, but there's been no fire yet...

Now... I'm waiting for your suggestions to make this forum even better... Anyone?
    Something to get you started: do you think it's right for a moderator to participate in discussions?

And please, don't use AntiPoints in this thread...

Yes I think it's right for a mod to participate. You've done well Negative, my hat is off to you.
    Suggestions? Give me a little time. So far it's been possibly the most interesting part of AO, outside of pure technical discourse.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

Banned
    yeah i applud you if thats how u spell it i think its very right for a mod to participate or every begins to think your 2 good for them etc etc
    1 suggestion we need more threads to discuss so far ppl seem to get stuck on what topic dont get me wrong thats great but getting stuck and not making new discuasion is not very helpful but ohh well u cant help that i guess this is just for those who post here
    and thanks negative for this forum its a great way to get away from the technical discusions for a while
    RIOtEr

Thumbs up Cosmos Forum

I really really enjoy the cosmos forum, it kind of gives everybody a chance to kick back and relax, and a chance to maybe get to know people on a more personal side...
    And I definitely think you should post here, because you are the moderator. (sort of like the sky is blue because the ocean is blue because the sky is blue...lol)
    But I do enjoy getting to come in here and talk about what ever, not just computers all the time.
    Thanks, and keep up the good work!
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

I personally believe that yes, the moderator has every right to participate in the the threads... after all, you are a member like anyone else, therefore you have the right to participate, regardless of whether or not you run the forum... just like JP does... he OWNS the site but he still participates in the discussions.

I like the Cosmos section, it gives those who don't necessarily want to talk about computers, want to talk about philosophy, but don't feel like posting to the General Chit Chat section.
    Welcome to Hell , where we have served more than all of the fast food chains put together! And the number grows everyday! Stay tuned!

Senior since the 3 dot era
    Hey, Negative...

Sure you can post.

I believe however that your question is: can I post my own opinion? Isn't it?
    Well, I don't think you need to be neutral or something, we all (or at least the senior members) know more or less about you and your 'background' here at AO, therefor I don't think you have to hesitate to post in the forum you moderate. It's highly appreciated when you participate to the discussions.

About the evaluation: well I think this forum is running fine... you are doing a good job Neg.
    Greetz VictorKaum

I think it's great the way it is. It should be open for everyone. Yes, you should be able to participate in the discussions-- everyone should. Thanks to AO and Negative for this forum. I think it's proof that computer lovers aren't one-dimensional people. I have been really pleased by the readiness of people here at AO to talk about their spiritual lives.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

I also agree that this forum is fine the way it is
    It gives ao members a place to have intelligent debates and to vent out the daily
    frustrations that accumulate
    thanx
    My only fear in death is comming back reincarnated.

\"Would I ever sh*t you?\"
    \"Of course not you are my favorite turd.\"--E5C4P3

I also agree that this forum is fine the way it is
    It gives ao members a place to have intelligent debates and to vent out the daily
    frustrations that accumulate
    thanx
    My only fear in death is comming back reincarnated.

\"Would I ever sh*t you?\"
    \"Of course not you are my favorite turd.\"--E5C4P3

It'd be nice to have the ability to keep APs from these threads, so that philosophical arguments don't affect AP rating either way. I've been the 'victim' of many positive APs due to these posts and have only handed out positive APs as a result of posts here, but I could easily see philosophical discussions turning sour and causing problems. The vast majority of the posters in here are very mature individuals, but if APs are a designation towards how helpful a person is in the other forums, then I don't see the need for them here.

Just an idea.
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?