Thread: Undelete

Question Undelete

i have deleted a couple of files in dos (use win98) and since it doesn't have undelete command i cant get them back.

Did a search on the site and found a couple of similar post which say it won't be possible to get them back but i want to know where can i get the undete file of dos 6.22 and will it run on this dos ver - it says 7.something.

Why doesn't this dos have undelete??

Hi mom!
    I never tried it myself, but one of my friends claims that copying undelete from some old dosbox actually works... maybe you should use a bootdisk with the same dosversion?

Microsoft uses another approach to the undelete feature in windows 9x and up - the recycle-bin. That's probably the reason why undelete wasn't included in win98 dos (version 7.x). The recycle-bin is just a folder on your hdd where 'deleted' files are moved to, and it's emptied whenever it reaches a certain size (or when it's deleted explicitly by the user, of course).
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

recycle-bin is not activated if you delete from the dosmode/dosprompt.
    Is there someway to enable that too??

Banned
    http://blacksun.box.sk/byteme4.html#...20in%20Windows
    yet again raven saves the day *tear in eye* hehe sorry i just admire raven heaps
    Well hope that helps some
    RiOtEr

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Microsoft has been trying to get rid of DOS since Win95. They just haven't done a very good job of it yet. They have basically stirpped most of the old DOS commands out (and keep removing more with each distribution). That is why undelete isn't in DOS. They don't think you ever need to use a DOS prompt.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Micro$oft is trying to do away with dos commands. I think that this is a bad thing they should learn from Linux witch has lots of great commands that are there if you ever need them.
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.

Hey everybody, i found a program "Recover4all" that is great for getting those deleted files back. the unreg one will retreive files upto 10kb in size but it shows all those files/dirs that can be retreived. very nice prog.

Question

what is the url of this program?