you called him a Chatnazi?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: you called him a Chatnazi?

Banned

you called him a Chatnazi?

I work as a sysadmin for a software development company and I couldnīt believe my ears this morning when ma boss called me in the office. Nothing serious, now I know I am not the worldīs greatest when it comes to userfriendlyness but it seems that my co-workers dubbed me the name ITNazi in the last meeting and ever since they donīt call me by my name anymore but the horrible nick.
    Are there any more sysadmins who experience the same sorta thing?

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    I'm jealous. My comapny still calls me by my name. Then again, maybe they are just afraid to give me a nick.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Focmaester, unfortunately into every life a few idiots must fall. They are obviously envious of your superior intellect and computer knowledge...Now chin up, chest out and repeat after me...I will not let the boneheads get me down, I will not let the boneheads get me down.

Maybe if they had to clean up some of their own messes occasionally they would see your job in a whole new light!

Have a better day!
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

hehe...well i can say that i think they draw straws to see who calls me...what they call me though i don't know...

but then again...i warn 'em all the time...and they never listen...i have one simple rule

do not...EVER...tell me that something is broke before i have my jacket off and a cup of coffee in my hand...

and yet they persist. yesterday...very first thing i hear when i walk through the door to the office...we have database errors...not hey good morning...how are ya...just...we got problems....ok so we have problems...i can't fix the problems until i get my jacket off...get into my office and have some coffee...what's so hard to understand about that...it's no wonder i'm cranky...you'd be cranky too...(oh wait...sounds like you are...lol)

ahhhh well...
    I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird." - Abe Simpson

Man, you get called nice names!! I'd take ITNazi over what the software guys here call me. Or the damned engineers. You've got it easy my man, very easy.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Talking ITNazi?

I get that too, and technically, the computers aren't even my problem. It's finally gotten to the point that I walk in the door to a chorus of, "Heeeeeeeeeeeeelp!"

Do what I do.

Ask if it's on fire.

If no, then hang up your coat, get your coffee, etc. -Then- explain to the frantic user that the "arrowthingies" in Outlook only appear if you have enough messages to need to use the scrollbar.

If yes, then yer in luck, it's not your job. Call the fire department.

-Keisha
    www.notinourname.net
    www.nion.us

Read them.

Ask if it's on fire.

lmao....love that...gonna use it next time...
    I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird." - Abe Simpson

BS, EnCE, ACE, Cellebrite 11001001's Avatar
    Just West of Beantown, though nobody from Beantown actually calls it "Beantown."
    At my place, we are all frequently referred to as "Damn M.I.S."

It's funny though, no one ever thanks us when we make it work...
    That's Officer 11001001 to you...
    Now you see me | Now you don't
    "Relax, Bender; It was just a dream. There's no such thing as two." ~ Fry
    sometimes my computer goes down on me

And they never will, because, isn't it supposed to work ALL the time? hehehehe

My fav thing of the day is when some big system is down and your boss comes in the data center yelling "We're losing $100,000 an hour because of this!!!"

Then, I just have to ask "If I get it back up in 10 minutes do I get a cut of the cost savings?"
    hehehe
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

BS, EnCE, ACE, Cellebrite 11001001's Avatar
    Just West of Beantown, though nobody from Beantown actually calls it "Beantown."
    See my post in X-box Holiday and let me know what you think...

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=221822
    That's Officer 11001001 to you...
    Now you see me | Now you don't
    "Relax, Bender; It was just a dream. There's no such thing as two." ~ Fry
    sometimes my computer goes down on me