Spyware for law enforcement

Thread: Spyware for law enforcement

Spyware for law enforcement

Here's a nice article from SecurityFocus:

D.I.R.T. Spyware Exposed on Web

Although it seems that the page hosting the files is now 404 ...

"To estimate the time it takes to do a task, estimate the time you think it should take, multiply by two, and change the unit of measure to the next highest unit. Thus we allocate two days for a one-hour task." -- Westheimer's Rule

good post. sound a lot like a virii to me. B>O> is for script kidies, and so is this software.
    Computers make sense people

BS, EnCE, ACE, Cellebrite 11001001's Avatar
    Just West of Beantown, though nobody from Beantown actually calls it "Beantown."
    Sounds much like a virus, and I think it may violate some of those "Search Warrant Laws."
    But, any evidence collected would probably be inadmissable in court unless you had a search warrant allowing you to go in to the suspect's computer without first seizing it and bringing it in to be examined.
    Anyone else in law enforcement wanna back me up?
    That's Officer 11001001 to you...
    Now you see me | Now you don't
    "Relax, Bender; It was just a dream. There's no such thing as two." ~ Fry
    sometimes my computer goes down on me

Seattle, WA
    AFAIK the whole DIRT thing is pretty old... But seriously, it's just Netbus for Authorities, I'm willing to bet that basic computing hygeine goes a long way. In other words, disable scripting of macros in Office, don't use mailreaders or browsers with vulnerabilities, etc. I seriously doubt that you can just "Mail it to a target" and poof, they're in.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency