FBI&Secret Service visit my office!!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FBI&Secret Service visit my office!!!

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man

Exclamation FBI&Secret Service visit my office!!!

It started like this. "Hello, this is everyones internet level two tech support, how may I help you?". A very monotone voice on the other end say's "Hello, may I speak with Robert Pennington please?"<<the CEO. of EV1>> Amused, I said to the customer, " Sir, Mr. Pennington is very busy but how can i help you?" He then told me that he was Agent Jim Cook Secret Service. And that he needed to speak with Mr. Pennington IMMIDIATLEY! Well that changed my whole perspective on this call. I transferred the call and that was all I heard directly from them.

However about an hour or so after that, I see these guys in suits come in the office. You have to keep in mind, I work at a very laid back ISP, YOU NEVER SEE PPL IN SUITS! Not even the ceo wears a suit. He acctually rides around the office on a little electric scooter and shoots us with his nerf gun whe we look like were slacking. Any Ways....they went into the conference room, conveniently named "the war room", shut the door and didnt come out....at least while I was there.

Rumors are flyin around too fast to catch em one at a time.Seems as though someone sent a terroristic email from our mail server. Also we have heard "through the grape vine", that it could have possibly been a threat on our building. Course I think our bosses would have told us had there been a threat on the building. Then again.....you never know.

This whole ordeal has left me worried. Do you guys think that the Feds would let our bosses tell us of a terror threat? I guess the best thing for me to do is answer the phones fix computers, and pray.
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

Banned
    Greetings:

Well, the secret service mainly only gets involved in 3 things:

#1. Threats against the life of the president (or those close to / associate with / him).
    #2. Counterfeiting
    #3. Credit Fraud

So, if they showed up, my guess would be, say, someone that's a customer of the ISP sent an e-mail to *@whitehouse.gov threatening to kick-off good 'ol GW Bush.

It was most likly just some idiot playing around with his computer. But hey, what the hell do I know?

Well, I for one would like to know if the building I worked in was threatened by a terrorist. I'm sure that they would inform you if a threat was made, for your safety. If the secret service was there, then my guess is that a terrorist related e-mail went throught your ISP and they're investigating. If it were just a threat to your building, then I don't think it would involve the secret service. Then again, may be not. Let us know if you find out anything else.

Remote_Access_

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man
    THanks for the reply JP that really narrows it down....now that you think about it.....they did put up signs to day talking about unlicenced software. Maybe they were investigating a warez site or somthing cheesy like that. That would be a relife for me. I don't wanna be a vctm of Jihad Ma Chowdaas
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

Nah it's probably some wanker holding George Bush's Credit Card for Ransome

hmmm well all i can say is that IF they say they are Secret Service.. doesnt really mean they really are Secret Service... any US Govt agency can make fake id's for their agents and pretend they are from another agency... they probably are from CIA or FBI.. or a whole new govt agency.. i dunno but arent there new agencies today incharge with computer crimes? like the CSI and all tha others?.. it could have been them..

sounds weird, I don't know much about the CIA but would be a little cautios about going to work the following day.
    Search First Ask Second. www.google.com

If they focus their investigation on you, just remember that the term Justice Department is an oxymoron.

toker well i would make sure u have a will made up in the off chance but then again it could just be a mis understanding maybe your boss won't let them run carnivore on your system???
    Ametuers get jail time Pros get jobs.